'18 JUCO TX CB Kenneth George Jr. (UT commit 3/25/18)

Don’t know how this turns out, but this kid has worked himself an ungodly amount to get this far. Don’t see him letting up now.

Reactions: 1 person
the 6-foot, 193-pound george will be a redshirt sophomore in 2018, meaning he has three years of remaining eligibility instead of the normal two afforded most junior college transfers. "i've got three years to learn," he said. "that's good right there, three years to learn, three years to play. That's my full mindset right there. I played one year of football. I played one year and got five offers. Just imagine what i could do in my second year, my third year, my fourth year."

"i don't know if i'll be a boundary or a field corner or if i'll be a safety, but they're looking for me to be at nickel, knowing how good at tackling and everything and how physical i am," he said. "but, i mean, whatever position, i'm just ready to go in and play football. I really want to play db, as in corner or safety, but i'll play nickel. "i played nickel at trinity valley for a couple of plays, so i mean, i can get out there against those slots and jam them up on the line and give our defensive line some time to try to get to the football."

"i just got off the phone with coach johnson about two hours ago," george said, "and he was just telling me they're ready for me to come in and to keep that same mindset i have and they're just ready for me to go in and be a leader. "i'm taking full responsibility on that, to try to go in and be a leader and make everybody as hungry as i am."

Last edited:
Reactions: 22 people
That article got me all like...
giphy.gif

Reactions: 7 people
Not to mention that the vast majority of 5 stars have a great work ethic that helped them get that rating. They are usually blessed with size, speed and athleticism, but they still had to work hard to get that rating.

Yes!

Most underrated post of the month. There seems to be an unfounded mentality out there that just assumes the 2 and 3 stars work harder than the 4 and 5 stars (who must just sit on their hands all day and rest on their insane ability).

This guy is huge for a corner..... He is gonna do some hurting..... He crushes guys in his highlights.... Very good nose for the ball. He attacks like a mad man.

Yes!

Most underrated post of the month. There seems to be an unfounded mentality out there that just assumes the 2 and 3 stars work harder than the 4 and 5 stars (who must just sit on their hands all day and rest on their insane ability).

Well, there's a heck of a lot more 3-stars than 5-stars. For the 3-stars to emerge from the pack and get attention, they gotta work or be pretty lucky.

Some of the 5-stars also have the work ethic and get the production and their future is assured.

But others have arrived largely on their talent, and maybe worked initially but then got swept up by their press clippings and the handlers whispering in their ears and they went to relative ruin. We have had at least a couple of those in the last 5 or 6 yrs, which is a pretty high percentage of all the 5-stars that we've had. :hmm:

VN Store

Back