'18 JUCO OG Johncarlo Valentin

This kid was a 4 star out of HS set to sign with OU. Assuming grades were bad so he went JUCO. Want.

uhm, how bad does ones grades have to be for OU not to take you? I remember them picking up a few that we couldn't accept here. Orlando Brown for one.

uhm, how bad does ones grades have to be for OU not to take you? I remember them picking up a few that we couldn't accept here. Orlando Brown for one.

the Philadelphia public school system is quite garbage. Especially North Philly, That area is unlike anything youve ever seen.

Reactions: 1 person
the Philadelphia public school system is quite garbage. Especially North Philly, That area is unlike anything youve ever seen.

unless I have been there before. :)

and I have been to Baltimore, and I don't mean the inner harbor areas.

When I still lived in PA (about six years ago, now), several Philly schools were in more debt alone than the rest of the state combined.

Straight poverty and they can't keep teachers.

When this guy's name came up, it reminded me of Orlando Brown. Whatever happened with him? He was most definitely a VFL and extremely disappointed, but I believe he became very bitter surrounding the circumstances.

When this guy's name came up, it reminded me of Orlando Brown. Whatever happened with him? He was most definitely a VFL and extremely disappointed, but I believe he became very bitter surrounding the circumstances.

He's about to be drafted in the first couple rounds of the draft.. :angry:

Read a recent story about it. It was an academic issue that Oklahoma took a chance on. Butch waited until the last second to cut him loose and it was kinda sorry. HS coach told him so. To Brown’s credit, he took the high road...in the article. You can now understand why his teammates were extra salty after the comeback.

Originally committed to Oklahoma out of high school.

Imhotep Charter is only a AAAA school but they're a dominate team that plays some decent competition in Philly. Went to the state title game this year.

Imhotep is a stacked program. Look at PA player rankings for 2019. Got kids all over that list.

4A is no slouch either. PA went to 6 divisions inexplicably a couple years ago. 6A is the biggest and their champion has a QB going to Notre Dame. 4A is plenty competitive.

Imhotep is a stacked program. Look at PA player rankings for 2019. Got kids all over that list.

4A is no slouch either. PA went to 6 divisions inexplicably a couple years ago. 6A is the biggest and their champion has a QB going to Notre Dame. 4A is plenty competitive.

My family still lives in PA and I still have a lot of connections up there, and from what I can gather, moving to six divisions has really watered down some of the competition. All that they needed to do was split AAAA into AAAA/AAAAA.

But you're also from Sharon, and lets be honest, the western half of the state breeds a different type of football player than the East, so maybe it's genuinely more competitive that way.

Last edited:
:clapping:
My family still lives in PA and I still have a lot of connections up there, and from I can gather, moving to six divisions has really watered down some of the competition. All that they needed to do was split AAAA into AAAA/AAAAA.

They're right. It's awful. My school is 3A and had to play the WPIAL champ in the western final. No big deal...aside from the fact that they had a BYE between the WPIAL championship and the western final. For those nonPA folks, WPIAL is a Pittsburgh area megaleague whose league playoffs are in line witb the rest of the state's district and state playoffs. Because of limited number of teams, the seeding was so jacked up, a team gets a bye that deep into a state playoff.

4_3599492.jpg

OG
6-3 330
CLASS OF 18

Philadelphia, PA
(Imhotep Institute)

Vols offered 12/11/2017

[twitter]https://twitter.com/jvalentin57/status/940410021539610624[/twitter]

Awesome. He goes to the Imhotep Institute.

Just became my favorite recruit of all time.

Reactions: 2 people
IMO....should have kept it at 4 divisions plus a parochial. Keep it fair all around

Pittsburgh Central Catholic still being allowed to run the table to states regularly is a travesty.

Bethlehem Catholic (AAA), St. Joes Prep, and Archbishop Wood (AAAAA) in the East are just as bad.

Pittsburgh Central Catholic still being allowed to run the table to states regularly is a travesty.

Bethlehem Catholic (AAA), St. Joes Prep, and Archbishop Wood (AAAAA) in the East are just as bad.

The Notre Dame QB just rolled PCC and St Joe's. Pine Richland won 6A. Loaded. But I agree 100% with your statement. And Southern Columbia in AA is a vocational school who also recruits legally. Won the title game 48-0. Erie has legit parochial as well.

The Notre Dame QB just rolled PCC and St Joe's. Pine Richland won 6A. Loaded. But I agree 100% with your statement. And Southern Columbia in AA is a vocational school who also recruits legally. Won the title game 48-0. Erie has legit parochial as well.

I student taught at both that vocational school (CMVT) and Southern :eek:lol:

Used to get rolled by SCA in districts every year when I was in high school.

I student taught at both that vocational school (CMVT) and Southern :eek:lol:

Used to get rolled by SCA in districts every year when I was in high school.

They are incredible to watch. Their sophomore RB is apparently already over 4000 yards. The Wilmington coach I work with was at the game this weekend and said it's the best RB he's ever seen in person.

They are incredible to watch. Their sophomore RB is apparently already over 4000 yards. The Wilmington coach I work with was at the game this weekend and said it's the best RB he's ever seen in person.

That kid has offers from across the Big 10 already.

Henry Hynoski, who played for Pitt and the Giants, was the RB when I was there. Nate Schicattano a few years prior played at Notre Dame. A loaded program for being literally in the middle of a farm field.

Also, Southern is a regular public school. They keep their enrollment down by sending more kids to the county Vocational School (CMVT).

That kid has offers from across the Big 10 already.

Henry Hynoski, who played for Pitt and the Giants, was the RB when I was there. Nate Schicattano a few years prior played at Notre Dame. A loaded program for being literally in the middle of a farm field.

Also, Southern is a regular public school. They keep their enrollment down by sending more kids to the county Vocational School (CMVT).

Gotcha...I thought it was the other way around.

Saw Hynoski when they played West Middlesex in state final. Man among boys.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/BrianDohn247/status/940722926583771136[/twitter]

Valentin and Jahmir Johnson were HS teammates? Nice.

Reactions: 4 people
Best shot we have to win some games next year is to get a few of these JUCO linemen and hope like hell they pan out.

Even if they only stay healthy and provide mediocre performances, we are significantly better off and win three more games.

It was that bad this year.

Read a recent story about it. It was an academic issue that Oklahoma took a chance on. Butch waited until the last second to cut him loose and it was kinda sorry. HS coach told him so. To Brown’s credit, he took the high road...in the article. You can now understand why his teammates were extra salty after the comeback.

If I'm not mistaken, Brown got dominated MOST of that game! Anyway, considering he was a vfl, we should have taken the chance on him, anyway. The guy was a monster, he weighed like 350 lb and if I remember correctly, that was an issue. He was also a legacy! I also remember his scholly being pulled just a week or two before Signing Day, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back