'18 JUCO OG Johncarlo Valentin

Originally committed to Oklahoma out of high school.

Imhotep Charter is only a AAAA school but they're a dominate team that plays some decent competition in Philly. Went to the state title game this year.

I find it very interesting that we are offering a bunch of high ceiling JUCO guys. To me this makes me think Pruitt wants to compete next year. I mean you look at our skill position guys and see the talent we have at QB, RB, and WR. It’s pretty solid talent. Where we lack is a little at TE and a lot at OL. We are trying to fill those holes with solid JUCO guys, and if we are successful getting solid JUCO guys that are quality O-linemen and TE’s then I see a possibility of going 7-5 to 8-4 next year with a decent offensive line! I mean the talent is there it just needs to be coached up, and I think getting JUCO guys in here that are quality players is a great idea to speed up the process of winning quicker.

I find it very interesting that we are offering a bunch of high ceiling JUCO guys. To me this makes me think Pruitt wants to compete next year. I mean you look at our skill position guys and see the talent we have at QB, RB, and WR. It’s pretty solid talent. Where we lack is a little at TE and a lot at OL. We are trying to fill those holes with solid JUCO guys, and if we are successful getting solid JUCO guys that are quality O-linemen and TE’s then I see a possibility of going 7-5 to 8-4 next year with a decent offensive line! I mean the talent is there it just needs to be coached up, and I think getting JUCO guys in here that are quality players is a great idea to speed up the process of winning quicker.

When it comes to juco O-linemen I'm pretty skeptical about the "high ceiling" part, but yeah, it seems like he's trying to plug those holes and get competitive right away. I like the strategy. Take enough jucos to make a run a bowl game next year and then load up on HS talent the next couple of classes when you have time to build relationships and really recruit at higher level.

I actually think we have some good OL on campus already. Our offense under Butch was just pathetic, and our players were not developed well. So get some guys like this and add to what we have with a good scheme, and actual coaching - then we could be better than people expect. Also, the Oklahoma LOI signed is enough to tell me that he can play.

I'm thinking what he'll see when he gets here is that we have some talented offensive lineman. They've been so poorly coached and the strength program has been a disaster. With those things corrected, I think he might see that the guys we have on campus could be pretty dang good. Richmond, Trey, Chance Hall. I think these 3 could be really good players.

Why not try to win as many as possible next season? We just have missing pieces. We now have new energy and way better development coaching.

As for Valetin the JUCO OL, he is a May graduate and is just getting started on his recruitment.

He WILL visit Tennessee officially this weekend. Interesting note Valentin and Trey Smith know each other. They got to know each other at The Opening. The two have stayed in touch and they have spoken this week. Will Friend has been who Valentin has been talking to.

- Hubbs

Reactions: 10 people
Is chance hall playing anymore? I read something that said he hasnt had surgery yet? If thats the case, is he done?

I said something similar in another thread. CJP isn’t just building for the future. He hates losing and wants to win THIS season.

VN Store

Back