'18 GA S Trevon Flowers (Tennessee signee)

Safety Trevon Flowers has been scheduled to visit the Vols the last two weekends, but that visit hasn't happened because Flowers has been trying to get things worked out to take football visits. Back in November, Flowers signed a National Letter of Intent to play baseball at Kentucky. Kentucky is allowing Flowers to get out of the National Letter but there's some red tape that Flowers has had to try to work through with the SEC to take football visits. Provided he gets that done, the 3-Star DB from Tucker is thought to be a visitor this weekend.
-Hubbs

Reactions: 2 people
[twitter]https://twitter.com/sportstalksc/status/958500873411448832[/twitter]

Soumds like TKjr

no it does not.. tkjr wasn't a freak but he looked very athletic on HS tape... which is what we are comparing it to. what people fail to get is athletic in HS and athletic in the SEC are different. its not even a college/HS thing. people do not understand the sheer impact that Florida and Atlanta have on our perception of "athletic"

Put it like this if you put Florida and Atlanta prospects yearly from HS against the rest of the country the only reason they wont make it look silly is because california and texas and exist and even then its a push., Lets be clear.. the other states together do much better when you look at how many make it past their freshman year or even getting on campus. But pure athletic firepower no question.

There is a reality you and me want to live in.. and then there is the actual reality.

On topic this kid looks legit and given he is competing mostly against ATL competition his seeming lack of athleticism has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Clemson in baseball is one hell of a draw. Would be hard to beat that I assume

Out of curiosity, because I haven't paid close attention to this kid, why did he want out of his BB scholarship at UK. Was UK not going to let him play both sports? Or he wanted to play FB but Stoops wouldn't offer a FB scholarship? What exactly is the issue? Because you would think if he could stay at UK and play both, he would since UK has been pretty good in BB as well recently.

Out of curiosity, because I haven't paid close attention to this kid, why did he want out of his BB scholarship at UK. Was UK not going to let him play both sports? Or he wanted to play FB but Stoops wouldn't offer a FB scholarship? What exactly is the issue? Because you would think if he could stay at UK and play both, he would since UK has been pretty good in BB as well recently.

I have no idea but I would assume he asked out of it because he didn't play football at Kentucky.

I have no idea but I would assume he asked out of it because he didn't play football at Kentucky.

Well, no offense, but we already know that. My question is, was it a matter of him not wanting to play FB at UK, or was it that Stoops wouldn't OK it because he wasn't interested in Flowers?

Well, no offense, but we already know that. My question is, was it a matter of him not wanting to play FB at UK, or was it that Stoops wouldn't OK it because he wasn't interested in Flowers?

Like I said I assume it's because he didn't want to play for them but could be the other I guess

Like I said I assume it's because he didn't want to play for them but could be the other I guess

No, you just said he didn't play football for UK. Now you may have left out the crucial segment of your thought process - "want to play", but I ain't no mind reader. 😎

I think I saw where Flowers did not originally plan on playing FB. Once he changed his mind, KY was full on the FB side. Later Mark Stoops tried to talk Flowers into staying with KY and playing both Baseball and FB at KY. This was after Flowers had already started the process of getting out of his KY Baseball LOI. Guess he could still go to KY, but apparently checking out all his options now since he apparently got out of his KY Baseball LOI.

Trevon has made a pretty sizeable jump on his composite since getting released from his baseball LOI. CBs to Clemson now but we'll see how this weekend goes.

As noted above, Flowers has seen his recruitment change dramatically in the Late Period, though for slightly different reasons. The Atlanta-area prospect signed to play shortstop for Kentucky back in December but after asking out of that he’s gotten offers from Tennessee and yesterday from Clemson. He visited the Tigers yesterday and assuming they push they will be major factors. However, the Vols will get the final shot this weekend. I speculated a couple of weeks ago that Flowers was lower on the DB board, but that was when Eddie Smith was penciled into this class and Olaijah Griffin (more below) was thought to be more likely to leave California than he is right now. Obviously Clemson offering raises his stock quite a bit, and after playing only one season of high school football his coach was quoted as saying “He can be as good as he wants to be. We’ve got guys who have played for us here playing in the National Football League. He’s as talented as anyone we’ve coached here. The sky is the limit for him,” so there’s clearly talent there. I do think he’s still lower on the staff’s board in terms of if they had their druthers, but as we all know you can’t always get what you want, so you might see the Vols go hard for him this weekend

- Game day on rocky top

Reactions: 2 people
three-star senior safety trevon flowers of tucker (ga.) high school confirmed to govols247 on thursday that he's scheduled to take an official visit to tennessee this weekend.

The 6-foot-1, 185-pound flowers, who has signed to play baseball at kentucky, previously had planned to visit the vols each of the past two weekends before being forced to cancel the trip because of complications related to his signed paperwork with the wildcats.

"it's finally going to work," flowers told govols247.

Kentucky hosted him on an official visit the weekend of jan. 19, and he arrived at clemson on wednesday for a midweek visit with the tigers before his planned trip to tennessee, which extended a scholarship offer to him on jan. 15. He also has received offers from clemson, illinois, appalachian state and western kentucky.

Before traveling to clemson, flowers said he received a visit tuesday from new vols coach jeremy pruitt, co-defensive coordinator chris rumph and charles kelly, tennessee's safeties coach and special teams coordinator.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back