'18 GA RB C'Bo Flemister (Notre Dame signee)

On Tuesday, Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt will be on the job full time in Knoxville and will be preparing for a visit weekend coming out of the dead period. One of those weekend visitors will be Zebulon, Georgia running back/athlete C'Bo Flemister. “We are driving up Friday to visit Tennessee,” Flemister said. “I'm excited to see the campus and the facilities.”

For Flemister, the Tennessee offer came in December and was important enough to him that it convinced him not to sign early, an idea he was never sure about anyway. “I was never really felt comfortable with signing early,” Flemister said. “When Tennessee offered, they were a big part of why I waited. “I know there is always a wave of coaching changes. There is a wave after season and a wave after bowl season that's why I was never sure about signing early and Tennessee wanting me to visit made it an easy decision”

Flemister has seen Georgia Tech, who he's been committed to since December 4th and Arkansas State. So the opportunity at Tennessee was too much to pass up after a busy day of talking to running backs coach Robert Gillespie. “I was surprised when they called,” Flemister admitted. “I talked to coach Gillespie early in the day and they called back and offered me that night.”

Flemister said that Tennessee is recruiting him as a running back, which is his preferred position, but the versatile athlete said he will play anywhere after playing a variety of positions in high school. “I'm interested in playing football,” Flemister said. “Running back is my position but I will play anywhere. I played running back, slot receiver, corner and safety for Pike County and actually played more defensive back than anything as a freshman.”

Flemister doesn't have any other visits set up at this point and said part of the reason his recruitment has been slow is because of where he's at. “I think it has a lot to do with where I play at. We don't get a lot of publicity. I haven't been in the media growing up,” Flemister offered. Flemister said he spoke with Gillespie on Saturday getting things finalized for his visit this weekend.

-VQ

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Interesting to read we’re recruiting him as a runningback and not as a corner as someone reported.

Interesting to read we’re recruiting him as a runningback and not as a corner as someone reported.

that would be Volquest:

The cornerback board continues to take shape, too, with former TCU commit Eddie Smith a real top target alongside Griffin. Isaac Taylor-Stuart, JUCO Mykael Wright, Vandy commit Rayshad Williams and Georgia Tech commit C’Boris Flemister are potential options as well but further down the list

Reactions: 1 person
that would be Volquest:

The cornerback board continues to take shape, too, with former TCU commit Eddie Smith a real top target alongside Griffin. Isaac Taylor-Stuart, JUCO Mykael Wright, Vandy commit Rayshad Williams and Georgia Tech commit C’Boris Flemister are potential options as well but further down the list

Even VQ mods are a bunch of fake insiders. Can't trust anyone.

that would be Volquest:

C'Boris?

WTF is he Russian?

that would be Volquest:

Mykael Wright is a 2019 kid .

On Tuesday, Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt will be on the job full time in Knoxville and will be preparing for a visit weekend coming out of the dead period.

One of those weekend visitors will be Zebulon, Georgia running back/athlete C'Bo Flemister.

“We are driving up Friday to visit Tennessee,” Flemister said. “I'm excited to see the campus and the facilities.”

For Flemister, the Tennessee offer came in December and was important enough to him that it convinced him not to sign early, an idea he was never sure about anyway.

“I was never really felt comfortable with signing early,” Flemister said. “When Tennessee offered, they were a big part of why I waited.

“I know there is always a wave of coaching changes. There is a wave after season and a wave after bowl season that's why I was never sure about signing early and Tennessee wanting me to visit made it an easy decision”

Flemister has seen Georgia Tech, who he's been committed to since December 4th and Arkansas State. So the opportunity at Tennessee was too much to pass up after a busy day of talking to running backs coach Robert Gillespie.

“I was surprised when they called,” Flemister admitted. “I talked to coach Gillespie early in the day and they called back and offered me that night.”

Flemister said that Tennessee is recruiting him as a running back, which is his preferred position, but the versatile athlete said he will play anywhere after playing a variety of positions in high school.

“I'm interested in playing football,” Flemister said. “Running back is my position but I will play anywhere. I played running back, slot receiver, corner and safety for Pike County and actually played more defensive back than anything as a freshman.”

Flemister doesn't have any other visits set up at this point and said part of the reason his recruitment has been slow is because of where he's at.

“I think it has a lot to do with where I play at. We don't get a lot of publicity. I haven't been in the media growing up,” Flemister offered.

Flemister said he spoke with Gillespie on Saturday getting things finalized for his visit this weekend.

VQ

Reactions: 3 people
Spoke with C'Bo Flemister

The Georgia Tech RB commit is definitely a flip candidate to watch. He admitted he's leaning hard toward the Vols right now, but doesn't want to make a decision rashly after a fun visit. He openly talked about his interest in being part of a rebuilding program to get Tennessee back. Pruitt will have an in-home with him in two weeks. Story to come later.

- Simonton

Reactions: 4 people
Despite rushing for nearly 1,800 yards and 24 touchdowns at Pike County as a senior, the Georgia Tech commit held just a single Power 5 scholarship offer until right before the early signing period in December.

Then Tennessee gave him a call.

“I got the feeling like, ‘It’s about time,’” Flemister said, chuckling.

“I felt like I was really under recruited, but it’s a blessing and I’m really happen I got the opportunity.”

Flemister had visions of signing with Tech in December, but after Vols tailback coach Robert Gillespie informed him of a Tennessee offer, all plans were put on hold.

A SEC school with serious interest? You can’t pass that up, he said.

"When I got the call from coach Gillespie it really just made everything unclear at that point. I was like, ‘Whoa. This is Tennessee.’ I definitely wanted to check them out, and I’m glad I did.’”

Along with his dad, the 5-foot-11, 197-pound tailback visited Rocky Top for the first time this weekend on an official visit. The Vols are looking for potential second tailback in their 2018 class, and have quickly identified Flemister was one of the top targets.

Before his visit, Flemister had spoken with Jeremy Pruitt, Tyson Helton and Gillespie, and he got a chance to build on his relationships with all three coaches over the weekend.

“It was really nice. I was really in awe looking at everything. Everybody wants to get something really good going. They gave off a really good vibe,” he said, recapping the trip.

“They’re ready to start rebuilding and they can start winning right away.”

Although some prospects might shy away from a program that just suffered its first winless season in SEC play in school history, Flemister sees opportunity and is openly interested in being part of a turnaround.

“The idea of being a part of the rebuild and all the super stars in the coaching staff,” he said. “The opportunity to be a part of that is really intriguing.”

Flemister’s game is predicated on breaking tackles and making opponents look silly in the open field. He doesn’t have a ton of experience as a receiver out of the backfield, but he’s confident in those abilities, too.

“I can make you miss or I can put my foot in the ground and run you over,” he said. “I’m very versatile. I just do what it takes to be productive to win. They like my violent running style.”

With limited spots remaining in the class, the Vols will have to be selective in their needs over the next month. Flemister said Gillespie has “been really real with me, basically just letting me know that they are interested in me and they would like to have me here, just keeping everything real. I really like them.”

The tailback remains committed to Georgia Tech for now and has no other visits planned over the coming month. Pruitt will make his in-home visits in about two weeks.

Asked what he thinks about the Vols, he said, “They’re definitely…” before his voice trailed off and he flashed a wide-eye grin.

“I’m considering Tennessee really hard,” he then said. “I want to do some more thinking, but if I had to say I’m leaning Tennessee. (Pruitt) told me to go home and do more thinking. Don’t jump in right away. Make sure I make the right decision.”
-Simonton

Reactions: 9 people
Poster on VQ

This kid was a Georgia Southern commit yes the Georgia Southern that beat Florida a few years back and has Jerick McKinnon playing for the Vikings in the NFL right now and is consistently known as one of the best rushing offenses in America. The GS staff had C'Bo is it's #1 guy for 2 years and he committed, however he flipped when Paul Johnson and Tech came calling a few months back and GS had a bad year. Paul Johnson wanted him to sign early but he said no, that relationship got really bad really fast. He's not going to Tech unless PJ eats his pride big time which I don't see happening. He was lead the state in rushing in Georgia that is a big deal. He was not a camp guy nor did he play at a big school. Pike Co is small. In a nut shell he's a very good talent but has flown under the radar. He's not Zamar White but he could absolutely be more productive than an Anthony Grant at the next level. FYI, a D1 staffer told me they liked C'Bo Flemister and didn't like Eddie Smith's film. This was an American Conference staffer so just goes to show you how different staffs view players.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back