'18 GA QB Trevor Lawrence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Bill King?

Radio host, was the college sports host in the AM on xm radio, great show, based out of Nashville. Has TN 247 guys on occasionally as well as Keith (au) Rusty (ga) etc. JC Shurburtt quite a few times. It was the best on XM 91, ratings have plummeted with the new crew they got in the am slot.

Reactions: 1 person
Bump...because he just became topical. :)

I live in Cartersville... Kid was dang good for a freshman... Coach really had some balls to play him as a freshman too.. Cartersville would of had a shot to beat Buford if coach had went with Miller Forestall at QB. They moved him to WR, and now he's committed to Alabama as a TE. Miller was good at several positions. Coach was looking to the future..

Also, don't put much stock in this guys stats the next few years. A handful of years ago Cartersville went with a pass happy west coast style offense. Which is a shame because we've always had good talent at RB, with Ronnie Brown being the best...

Edit: moving Miller to WR was early in the season, not just for that Buford game

Reactions: 3 people
I live in Cartersville... Kid was dang good for a freshman... Coach really had some balls to play him as a freshman too.. Cartersville would of had a shot to beat Buford if coach had went with Miller Forestall at QB. They moved him to WR, and now he's committed to Alabama as a TE. Miller was good at several positions. Coach was looking to the future..

Also, don't put much stock in this guys stats the next few years. A handful of years ago Cartersville went with a pass happy west coast style offense. Which is a shame because we've always had good talent at RB, with Ronnie Brown being the best...

Edit: moving Miller to WR was early in the season, not just for that Buford game
I graduated from there but knew almost none of this. Thanks for the info. I may catch some games this year

Good info but IMO if Miller was a better QB he would have been playing QB. Miller sounds like a big boy and you may be correct that they may have needed a "tebow" type to beat Buford. Thanks for bringing some hometown info and insight.

Good info but IMO if Miller was a better QB he would have been playing QB. Miller sounds like a big boy and you may be correct that they may have needed a "tebow" type to beat Buford. Thanks for bringing some hometown info and insight.

With the experience Trevor got this past season, C'Ville should be right in the thick of the playoffs the next three years. I'll post my observations here when I get the chance to attend games

Sounds like we are in good position here early with him and his parents being Vol fans. It sure doesn't hurt that we can already begin selling him on having one of the best OL in his class here to protect him.

@Mansell247: Thought @Trevorlawrencee was really good last night at Dawg Night. He is going to push for 5-Star down the line. http://t.co/8fOfWVnVKH

Too bad for Rusty and the rest of those little pups...

CKJeywaUcAAUTiK.jpg

CKJeywyUwAI29aV.jpg

CKJeyxAUcAAi3df.jpg

Reactions: 12 people
He came up with Mom and Dad, was born in Johnson City TN, grew up a Vol fan and even after going to Dawg Night, said Tennessee probably does lead. I think we"re good here. He said he would like to make his decision by this time next year, when he knows for sure. Sounds like he already knows!

Quick summary from the 247 article.

Reactions: 10 people
16 - Jarrett Guarantano
17 - Hunter Johnson
18 - Trevor Lawrence

It might be tougher to play QB at Tennessee in a couple of years than anywhere else in the country.

Reactions: 2 people
16 - Jarrett Guarantano
17 - Hunter Johnson
18 - Trevor Lawrence

It might be tougher to play QB at Tennessee in a couple of years than anywhere else in the country.

Considering the fact that it will have gone:

15: Dormady, Jones
16: Guarantano

I'd assume the next couple years might be more along the lines of:

17:
18: Lawerence

Considering the fact that it will have gone:

15: Dormady, Jones
16: Guarantano

I'd assume the next couple years might be more along the lines of:

17:
18: Lawerence

We didn't take a QB in the Hurd class and this board freaked! Hope we can withstand another one. :)

We didn't take a QB in the Hurd class and this board freaked! Hope we can withstand another one. :)

It probably won't happen that way, best laid plans and all, but without any significant injuries and the proper/ideal RS situations, I could see it being a possibility.

When Guarantano is officially on the team, if neither of Jones or Dormady transfers in the next year or so, I see no reason to take a QB in '17.

When Guarantano is officially on the team, if neither of Jones or Dormady transfers in the next year or so, I see no reason to take a QB in '17.

I dunno. 1 QB a year seems like a must have to me. If anything, it helps with recruiting if you have a top 10 rated QB in your class.

Reactions: 2 people
I dunno. 1 QB a year seems like a must have to me. If anything, it helps with recruiting if you have a top 10 rated QB in your class.

What about three in one year though? I think everyone sees the writing on the wall for Jennings moving to another position; but we can still RS Jones to maintain staggered QB classes. Just a thought, info agree it's very uneasy to not sign a QB in a class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back