'18 GA OLB Adam Anderson

From SECCountry:

Adam Anderson de-commits from LSU

Adam Anderson’s decision Thursday night came as no surprise.

Rated the Class of 2018’s No. 1 outside linebacker by the 247Sports composite, the Rome (Ga.) High School star de-committed from LSU. It was only a matter of time before he decided to choose this route after his Rome teammate Jamarcus Chatman de-committed from the Tigers and committed to Tennessee last month. The Volunteers will also be in the mix for Anderson.

Staying closer to home is important to Anderson, and Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee offer him the best opportunities to do so. Alabama is 180 miles from Rome High School; Georgia is 133 miles and Tennessee is 166 miles. Staying close to home is important to Anderson because of all the adversity he has faced in his life.

Both his older sister and stepfather died little more than a year ago, leaving his mother to raise Adam and his younger brother, who is deaf, on her own. What’s remarkable about Anderson is he still finds a way to carry on. His Rome High coaches estimate that Anderson walked around six miles at 6 a.m. to get to church on Easter. He didn’t have a ride.

“I wanted to be there in church on Sundays,” Anderson said in a story with our own Jeff Sentell. “I’ve got a good relationship with God that I hope to keep working on getting better. He’s blessed me with a lot and I want to make sure I know I’m so very thankful for what he’s done for my life.”

That’s the kind of guy Anderson is.

Alabama has been actively recruiting Anderson, one of its top outside linebacker targets. But Georgia is seen as the clear favorite for Anderson. He was once committed to the Bulldogs and it’s the school he has visited the most. He’s comfortable there. The Crimson Tide will need to get him on campus to have a shot.

We've had several recent signees with tough backstories. While no two people's situations are the same, perhaps Anderson can find a couple guys to identify with and maybe hit it off.

And if proximity if important, Rome is a straight shot up I-75. No connecting, no back roads, no hellacious 285, just north!

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee has a lot they can sell if they get him on campus. Immediate playing time, close proximity to home, gets to play with his friends, families can commute to games together, JRM drafted recently. Tennessee I feel like has done a better job of putting recruits families together and making connections between them and the players.

Reactions: 3 people
If we had put more guys in the league I feel like we would have a much better chance.

Last edited:
I'd say our chances are better now than they were a few days ago. I know it's still only July....but you have to think that TN all of a sudden being #3 in recruiting and the Top SEC team in recruiting has had to have turned a few heads our way. Seems like a GA kid would want to check us out and see what all the hub bub is about.

JMO of course.

Rome, GA not to far from Rocky Top. But, from a quick scan of the history, we need to get a verbal from this one on the morning of NSD with the fax already warmed up in the background.

Rome, GA not to far from Rocky Top. But, from a quick scan of the history, we need to get a verbal from this one on the morning of NSD with the fax already warmed up in the background.

True. It's only July and he has already decommitted from 2 schools.

Hopefully Chatman and his family have a lot of influence on Anderson and we can get him on campus, but I think this is more of Anderson realizing he wants to be closer to home. He has already been committed to UGA so obviously that's the team to watch.

Hopefully Chatman and his family have a lot of influence on Anderson and we can get him on campus, but I think this is more of Anderson realizing he wants to be closer to home. He has already been committed to UGA so obviously that's the team to watch.

It's about 15 minutes further to Knoxville than Athens from Rome.

UT should just go ahead and offer his teammate Griffin, too. Considering the DL class UT already has, giving one scholarship on a project like Griffin to get Anderson, is well worth it, imo. If u watch Griffin's "hudl" highlights, he is a hell of player, just a little undersized for DT. Give Rock a couple of years with Griffin and by their junior year, UT will have the "Roman Empire" starting on defense, Chatman, Griffin and Anderson

VN Store

Back