'18 FL WR Jeshaun Jones

I wouldn't hate the commitment and I trust this coaching staffs judgement, but I wonder why we'd load up at receiver this year when next years class is loaded, especially with in state talent.

Reactions: 1 person
I wouldn't hate the commitment and I trust this coaching staffs judgement, but I wonder why we'd load up at receiver this year when next years class is loaded, especially with in state talent.

You recruit for the current class/situation and worry about the next yrs numbers when it comes up. Imagine if they didn't take WRs because they counted on Higgins and Rodgers being Vols.

Agree.

They might get 27-28 commitments then cut some as the season goes on.

You recruit for the current class/situation and worry about the next yrs numbers when it comes up. Imagine if they didn't take WRs because they counted on Higgins and Rodgers being Vols.

Exactly you worry about 2019 after February.

SIAP, he's taking an official visit to Tennessee on 9/30, according to Scout.

Reactions: 3 people
Noticed he dropped from an 89 to an 86 on 247. Also, dropped massively on Scout as well. Almost a 2-star on there now.

Does anyone else think it's shady as hell that 247 now owns 2 of the 4 rankings that are part of the composite ranking...basically, if they think you stink (i.e. you're not committed to or being heavily pursued by Bama, OSU or FSU) then there's practically no chance you're going to have a high composite ranking...

Makes me respect their "revolutionary" composite ranking even less than I already did (and that wasn't much)

Reactions: 1 person
Does anyone else think it's shady as hell that 247 now owns 2 of the 4 rankings that are part of the composite ranking...basically, if they think you stink (i.e. you're not committed to or being heavily pursued by Bama, OSU or FSU) then there's practically no chance you're going to have a high composite ranking...

Makes me respect their "revolutionary" composite ranking even less than I already did (and that wasn't much)

It's shady I guess, but it's not like a ranking in the 247 composite is life altering. It's not like they hold a controlling share of the electric grid or water sources and can starve you out. No one is likely to lose a scholarship offer because 247's biased ranking system says the kid is no good. If enough coaches are letting 247 tell them who to recruit, then those coaches will dig their own grave most likely. One thing I appreciate and respect about CBJ is that it's obvious he and his staff do their own recruiting and have a great eye for talent. They miss on some guys, but they are in on a lot more before anyone else knows who they are.

It's odd for sure. I'm assuming they'll end up phasing out Scout. Doesn't make sense to have two. I've also noticed their site has been totally screwed up since the Scout takeover. Constantly screwing up people's browsers, etc.

Elsewhere in recruiting, Tennessee remains confident in its positioning with South Florida wideout Jeshaun Jones. Despite the numbers, the Vols appear very likely to add a fourth wideout in their 2018 class.

-VQ

Shocked this guy is so high on their board. He's a not as fast version of Shocky, and his stock has been dropping the last couple of months. Give me Bussell all day if it was between those two for a spot.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere already, but in this weeks war room, Hubbs said that the team wasn't that upset over the Jatavious Harris decommit because they really want to land Jeshaun Jones.

I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere already, but in this weeks war room, Hubbs said that the team wasn't that upset over the Jatavious Harris decommit because they really want to land Jeshaun Jones.

Isn't that convenient. Sorry, I prefer a 6'3, Georgia 100m and 200m state champion sprinter, that peer recruits like a madman, who's underrated because he didn't camp, for UTs WR.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back