'18 FL WR Jeshaun Jones

This kid and J. Harris would make one nasty receiving combo. Then if you get Stocky Jacques-Louis in the slot, talk about explosive offense.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 people
I agree. But there's more than a few people (mostly FF) that have I guess gotten tired of Jones hanging his hat on that. "Mediocre Big 10 teams" or something like that.

I understand. People forget that NW team we thumped was ranked 13th in the country and had a win over Stanford. That's okay tho. I want more, but I'm not going to downplay what he been accomplished

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I agree. But there's more than a few people (mostly FF) that have I guess gotten tired of Jones hanging his hat on that. "Mediocre Big 10 teams" or something like that.

So, if we had lost to either Iowa, Northwestern (Top 15 at the time), or Nebraska then what would that say about us? We win, so they must be mediocre. We lost and we lost to mediocre BIG10 teams. We can't help who the conference and committee put us up against. But, fact still remains we won 3 straight bowl games. We haven't won 3 in a row since '94-'97 and two of those teams were BIG10. So, there's that.

Reactions: 3 people
So, if we had lost to either Iowa, Northwestern (Top 15 at the time), or Nebraska then what would that say about us? We win, so they must be mediocre. We lost and we lost to mediocre BIG10 teams. We can't help who the conference and committee put us up against. But, fact still remains we won 3 straight bowl games. We haven't won 3 in a row since '94-'97 and two of those teams were BIG10. So, there's that.

And as I recall, won in dominating fashion.

This kid has great ball control....high points it well......lays wood on defense.....and speed is ridiculous.....not ranked......that's funny

Really like his highlight tape except for the slowing down and taunting the other team 2-3 times early in the highlights. I'm sure CBJ could correct that fast though.

Really like his highlight tape except for the slowing down and taunting the other team 2-3 times early in the highlights. I'm sure CBJ could correct that fast though.

Yep. Confidence is awesome and a WR must have it. Cockiness has to be reigned in.

Vols also landed 3-star wideout Shocky Jacques-Louis earlier this week. Jacques-Louis bumped up his announcement, wanting to secure his spot in Tennessee’s class. The South Florid native nearly pulled the trigger a month ago but wanted to be sure of his decision on the heels of decommitting from Kentucky. Interestingly, thoughts that Tennessee may be done at receiver appear to be a little premature. The Vols still feel really good about where they are with fellow South Florida receiver Jeshaun Jones. Despite the class’s numbers, Tennessee would gladly take Jones if he wants in. The two sides have had steady dialogue this week, especially after Jacques-Louis, a friend and 7-on-7 teammate of Jones, went public on Monday.

-VQ

VN Store

Back