'18 FL QB Michael Penix Jr.

On UT offer:
"That felt great when they offered," Penix said. "I worked so hard at camp and they liked what they saw. I put in the work. I like their style of offense. It's just like what we run here (at my high school) with the spread concepts."

Penix holds a 3.1 GPA and runs a hand-timed 4.6-second 40-yard dash.

As a Junior, Penix hit on 69-of-152 throws for 1,131 yards with 12 touchdowns and six interceptions.

He also rushed 50 times for 117 yards and six touchdowns.

Penix plans to make his college next spring.
Bartow

Last edited:
Prefer Justin Fields but maybe the coaches don't?

I prefer Fields as well, but you have to have a back up plan for your back up plan to your back up plan.

All that matters is how they play between their freshman and senior years of college.

So, their senior year has nothing to do with which schools will keep their interest in them? Is that what you're saying? That's if they haven't already committed somewhere before their senior year.

Last edited:
I prefer Fields as well, but you have to have a back up plan for your back up plan to your back up plan.

Agree...the language that the recruits use doesn't always paint the accurate picture. Torrance Gibson always insisted that Butch told him that he was their #1 want...then he got stranded in Knoxville with no way home.

Both are 3* recruits but I think Fields looks like the better QB though. Will that be the same by their senior seasons though is the question?

Fields got bumped recently to a 4-star on Rivals. He's going to end up a highly rated recruit. Hopefully Tennessee can get him in the fold early.

Reactions: 2 people
Fields got bumped recently to a 4-star on Rivals. He's going to end up a highly rated recruit. Hopefully Tennessee can get him in the fold early.

That will help his 247 composite score & star ranking probably too. We'll have to see here soon. Thanks for letting me know.

"It was a great game played," 2018 offered quarterback Michael Penix said. "I loved the atmosphere. I liked how they came out after half time with a lot of intensity and their hustle on the field. It got real loud in Neyland and I really enjoyed it!!!!"
-Wiltfong

Reactions: 2 people

I think Fields fit our offense better. He is a great runner and a much better passer than Dobbs, at least in, at this stage of his development.

VN Store

Back