'18 DT TN D'Andre Litaker

The 6-3, 290 pound 4-star defensive tackle already has four offers highlighted by Tennessee and LSU. A native of Tennessee, the Vol offer left an impression.

“It means a lot to me,” Litaker said. “I have accomplished one of my goals. I'm staying humbled, working hard and hoping on more to come. “I am surprised to have offers this early. God blessed me with the talent I have and I'm using it.”

Saturday, Litaker was at Tennessee's Orange and White game and again left impressed. “I say it all the time the fans that are so involved with everything the football team does and it's just awesome,” Litaker said.

“I want to go to LSU and I want to get back to Georgia to visit. I plan on being back at Tennessee in June for camp,” Litaker said. “I'm just enjoying the process. I remain humble about it. I keep God first and bless him for what he has given me.”

- VQ

Sounds like a solid young man!

The 6-3, 290 pound 4-star defensive tackle already has four offers highlighted by Tennessee and LSU. A native of Tennessee, the Vol offer left an impression.

“It means a lot to me,” Litaker said. “I have accomplished one of my goals. I'm staying humbled, working hard and hoping on more to come. “I am surprised to have offers this early. God blessed me with the talent I have and I'm using it.”

Saturday, Litaker was at Tennessee's Orange and White game and again left impressed. “I say it all the time the fans that are so involved with everything the football team does and it's just awesome,” Litaker said.

“I want to go to LSU and I want to get back to Georgia to visit. I plan on being back at Tennessee in June for camp,” Litaker said. “I'm just enjoying the process. I remain humble about it. I keep God first and bless him for what he has given me.”

- VQ

he was offered this week by Flawda and USCjr

We lead. From rivals:
“Right now, I’m going to say my top would, of course, be Tennessee," Litaker said. "After that would be Georgia and Memphis. Those three schools are really showing me a lot of interest.”

“It’s the fans. Every time I go there, it just feels like home," Litaker said. "The last visit was like always. Tennessee is a great environment to be around with the fans. You really want to play football for the kind of fans they have.”

“Coach Strip [Steve Stripling] is a really good guy," Litaker said. "I’ve heard about all that behind the scenes. He’s a great father and all of that. He wants his guys off the field to be like they’re going to be on. He wants them good in both places.”

In-state lure may prove to be a defining factor, as well, as Tennessee fans are making a push on social media.

“I hear it everyday on Twitter and everywhere else," Litaker said. "Really, I’m just enjoying it. I’m seeing what’s going on and looking into the schools and what I want to do.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Could the possibility of Memphis becoming a big XII school hurt recruiting in the western part of the state

Could the possibility of Memphis becoming a big XII school hurt recruiting in the western part of the state

Not immediately but if they put together some good seasons and have some facility upgrades it very well could. I think the non P5 that will benefit most from joining a P5 is Houston. Herman is already getting some 5* recruits. Well one but it's Houston

I wouldn't completely discount them.

IF they get in the Big 12 ($$$)
IF they get that on campus stadium
IF they upgrade their facilities
IF they get the right coach

I could see them doing some damage in southwest Tennessee....

I believe they scored a great young coach, only problem is they won't keep him unless they get into the big 12, but don't forget that at one time last year they were ranked in the top 20, if they can continue that success along with getting into a P5 conference then they will pull a few recruits in that side of the state.

I believe they scored a great young coach, only problem is they won't keep him unless they get into the big 12, but don't forget that at one time last year they were ranked in the top 20, if they can continue that success along with getting into a P5 conference then they will pull a few recruits in that side of the state.

Agreed.

If they ever get the football program rolling (relatively)... It will be hard to get kids out of Memphis. Not that we get that many as it is.

I personally wouldn't mind them going to the big XII... Then we could be like every other team in the east and stay in state when we face another power 5 team

I wouldn't completely discount them.

IF they get in the Big 12 ($$$)
IF they get that on campus stadium
IF they upgrade their facilities
IF they get the right coach

I could see them doing some damage in southwest Tennessee....

This could also help us long term keeping some of that talent out of our rival camps as well

I doubt there will be a Big XII if they bring in Memphis. I would expect Texas to bolt out as either an independent or move to the Big10 if that were the case. Texas is against expansion for just expansion sake and they WILL get their way or else......

I doubt there will be a Big XII if they bring in Memphis. I would expect Texas to bolt out as either an independent or move to the Big10 if that were the case. Texas is against expansion for just expansion sake and they WILL get their way or else......

Longhorn network won't fly in Big 10 or Pac 12. Road to championship game is easier where they are. Texas doesn't want expansion, but they won't go anywhere.

"It was absolutely the best game I have ever been to," Litaker said. "In the second half they came together as a team and showed what Tennessee football is about."
-Wiltfong

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back