'18 CA QB Adrian Martinez

“Tennessee is in a class of its own,” Martinez told Volquest. “It’s the SEC. The tradition there. A place that I really hold in high esteem. It meant a lot to me. It was a big offer for me and my dad and my family. We thought really highly on them before the offer, but to getting to know the people involved we feel even better about it now. It’s a big offer for me. I’m very high on them. It’s a very realistic option.”

“I’m an athletic quarterback who prides himself on being able to stay in the pocket and make all the throws,” Martinez said, describing his game. I want to be able to be that guy who can stand in there and make any throw on the field that needs to be made, and then have the ability to extend the play with my legs. “To use that as an extra dynamic. I also pride myself on being a strong leader. I see myself as a well-rounded football player.”

“It’s a daily thing now. I talk with coach Canales all the time,” Martinez said. “I talk with coach (Larry) Scott, coach Butch Jones texts me a lot, too. I’ve just been in constant contact with them. That’s something that I really appreciate and really value. They’re kind of making me a priority, so I think that’s a big thing for me. They’re high on my board, too.”

Martinez and Canales have struck up a quick bond, with Tennessee’s quarterbacks coach delivering daily messages of motivation or encouragement. “He’s a real positive guy. Showing me that he really believes in me,” Martinez said. “He’s been nothing but great to me. He’s reached out to my dad. He’s really doing everything right. I’ve gotten a really good vibe from him, and really the Tennessee coaching staff as a whole.”

“It’s really a realistic thing for me at this point. They’re the hottest team in contention to kind of overthrow Cal for me right now,” Martinez said. “I want to experience what it’s like over there. Kind of get a good idea of how things are, see if I could really picture myself being there.”

-VQ

Found our '18 QB.

Reactions: 15 people
Wouldn't mind this being our 18 QB. To me this kid and Rodgers are similar. Plus California usually produces good QBs.

In 2016, he threw for more than 2,500 yards, with 25 touchdowns to just four interceptions. He also added more than 1,400 yards and 14 scores on the ground.

I don't know his competition level but those sound like really good numbers.

Reactions: 5 people
Jake Spavital was his lead recruiter and OC at Cal. He's now at West Virginia. I think he's ours if the coaches will take him.

Last edited:
Jake Spavital was his lead recruiter and OC at Cal. He's now at West Virginia. I think he's ours if the coaches will take him.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't. Highly rated, great offer list, and seems to be a good fit for the offense

"At this point in time Tennessee seems like a good option for me. I would say they are a very realistic option for me going forward."
- Jesse Simonton, Rivals

Can we say his commitment to Cal is most definitely up in the air in a big time way?

Reactions: 5 people
So when's he visiting?

Not been confirmed by any sources but I have heard rumors possibly in April. He really likes UT. I personally think he's going to de-commit from Cal & become a Vol. He just talks too much about UT in interviews.

attitude with the QBs we are recruiting? Or at least do that with our top 3 or 4.

The term ...."he gone"...must be in order then.

Let's surrender now and go straight to panic mode. I have a mattress hankerin' to be burned. :mf_surrender:

Reactions: 1 person
The term ...."he gone"...must be in order then.

Let's surrender now and go straight to panic mode. I have a mattress hankerin' to be burned. :mf_surrender:

Not so fast my friend, we don't know what condition Sark will be in when he shows up for the at home visits.

VN Store

Back