'17 TN WR Princeton Fant (UT commit 6/18/16)

Class of 2017 Rivals250 wide receiver Princeton Fant is just seven months removed from ACL surgery but he participated fully on Sunday, showing impressive burst during drills and also winning his share of reps in one-on-ones. Fant already has several Power Five offers, including Tennessee, Kentucky and Ole Miss, but he looks more and more like he’s well on his way to adding double-digit offers this spring.

Woody, Rivals from TSU 7x7

On campus per 247.

Amazing how many great players there are in the state for 2017. 8 kids ranked in the top 300 nationally. That's amazing for Tennessee.

I think the talent in the mid-state will only continue to improve. In 10 years we might be able to build nearly our entire roster on in-state kids like Georgia and Louisiana.

“i’ll go back over and over again. I like tennessee. But i’m still pretty open.”

“i was with all of them,” fant said. “i talked to the receiver coach, coach (zach) azzanni. We hung out a lot, and we talked and everything, building up a relationship. He was just (saying) he really wants me there, and i need to come there — there ain’t no place l like tennessee, there ain’t no place like home.

“i talked to butch jones. He said pretty much the same thing. He really wants me up there. He said there ain’t no place like home. It’s a changing program, and he wants me to be a part of it and stuff like that

Amazing how many great players there are in the state for 2017. 8 kids ranked in the top 300 nationally. That's amazing for Tennessee.

I think the talent in the mid-state will only continue to improve. In 10 years we might be able to build nearly our entire roster on in-state kids like Georgia and Louisiana.

Need to get 5 of those 8 at least. 2017 should be another top 5 class, if it's not well the ball was dropped. 10 at the very least.

Extremely weird name.

Several years ago when I was living in Chattanooga and a hailstorm had come through and wrecked everyone's roofs, the insurance adjuster that came to our house was named Charleston Princeton. Having spent much time in West Virginia, I thought it was very weird that those are both prominent cities on I-77 in WV. So I had to ask.

"So what, were you born on the West Virginia Turnpike or something?" He had no clue what I was talking about. I explained, and he had never even heard of those towns (even though Charleston is the state capitol and Princeton is the first major fast-food & lodging exit on I-77 NB). He was from the midwest and those were family names.

The End. No more story. But I always thought that was so weird.

Need to get 5 of those 8 at least. 2017 should be another top 5 class, if it's not well the ball was dropped. 10 at the very least.

It's ok to want them all to be Vols. Dont sale it short

It's ok to want them all to be Vols. Dont sale it short

I want them all to be Vols but realistically they all won't be. So 5 of the 8 is the minimum. If you let half these guys go elsewhere then its a major fail.

I want them all to be Vols but realistically they all won't be. So 5 of the 8 is the minimum. If you let half these guys go elsewhere then its a major fail.

So 5 is a success but 4 is a major fail. That's a small margin of error

Reactions: 2 people

Didn't we have 10 or 11 in the top 300 in 2014 or 2015? Something like that.... It's definitely getting better and may end up with a few more than 8 in 2017

Last edited:
So 5 is a success but 4 is a major fail. That's a small margin of error

5 out of 8 would be amazing. Considering JS and MG are longshots at this moment, we would have to go 5 of the last 6. I'm hoping that Jacoby really has cooled a little on LSU and is listening to the good guys. Honestly, if we can pull Jacoby, Tee, and Smith....I could live with that. I think we ultimately get Chandler as well.

5 out of 8 would be amazing. Considering JS and MG are longshots at this moment, we would have to go 5 of the last 6. I'm hoping that Jacoby really has cooled a little on LSU and is listening to the good guys. Honestly, if we can pull Jacoby, Tee, and Smith....I could live with that. I think we ultimately get Chandler as well.

We really need to get Jacoby

Looks like a high twitch guy
attachment.php

Are those Frinceton Pants?

fant, a four-star prospect in the 247sports composite, received his first offer from tennessee more than a year ago and now claims offers from almost 10 teams, including ole miss, lsu, mississippi state, vanderbilt, kentucky, louisville and illinois. He has visited the vols multiple times, most recently having traveled to tennessee the weekend of jan. 30.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back