'17 TN ATH Maleik Gray (UT signee)

The coaches who disagree with you? :dunno:

I might not be a pro at evaluating talent but I do know that if there's a top 100 player IN THE COUNTRY playing in front of my very own eyes then he should stand head and shoulders above everybody else on the field. Like I said, I'm not a professional at evaluating talent and maybe I went in with my expectations too high for the kid but I just didn't see what I thought I'd see. I didn't even feel like he was the best football player on the field. I thought lavergne's rb looked like the best player on the field that night. I wonder if you took the same approach with Dooley's recruits. Btw the way, thanks for keeping the streets of volnation safe, we all owe you a debt of gratitude 😀

Reactions: 2 people
I might not be a pro at evaluating talent but I do know that if there's a top 100 player IN THE COUNTRY playing in front of my very own eyes then he should stand head and shoulders above everybody else on the field. Like I said, I'm not a professional at evaluating talent and maybe I went in with my expectations too high for the kid but I just didn't see what I thought I'd see. I didn't even feel like he was the best football player on the field. I thought lavergne's rb looked like the best player on the field that night. I wonder if you took the same approach with Dooley's recruits. Btw the way, thanks for keeping the streets of volnation safe, we all owe you a debt of gratitude ��

I don't think any of us are without doubts about MG...You have missed the point. But beating your head on a stupid wall is pointless..all it gets you is a headache. So I'm not going to argue with you.

I know I don't post much but I check in daily and try to follow recruiting as best as I can. My problem with this whole thread is seeing someone who is suppose to be a professional and someone for our youth to look up to and respect is constantly trying to make a kid in high school look bad. Just doesn't sit right with me. If you call yourself a professional or proclaim to be knowledgeable you should act like it. Just my 2 cents.

Look Rob it's nothing personal. I have done it from a professional perspective and got bashed. I went and gave a 2nd and 3rd opinion and got the same results. I said this about other recruits likewise and was bashed only to be proven right later on. I admitted my initial opinion on Bituli was wrong and gave my perspective of my 2nd and 3rd viewings when he played bigger schools and showed up against them. With MG it has nothing of a personal agenda but facts. Top 100 guys are supposed to perform when the lights come on. That's all I have said. When ppl on this board attack y character and organization that's personal and childish not giving a true evaluation of a kid whom myself and others feel is grossly over rated. Respect it or not I'm not the only one who has seen this as Power 5 school coaches have said it likewise.

Because "one side" keeps attacking a high school kid? :hmm:

Look dude how is an attack when it's facts. Attack is making up crap. Nothing I stated wasn't or can't be proven. You do a lot of trying to be funny and taking shots because you rather be pumped full of sunshine but not coming from me. Like I said drills in shirt and shorts is cool but the real shows up under the lights and not against the poor little brother teams.

Reactions: 1 person
Look dude how is an attack when it's facts. Attack is making up crap. Nothing I stated wasn't or can't be proven. You do a lot of trying to be funny and taking shots because you rather be pumped full of sunshine but not coming from me. Like I said drills in shirt and shorts is cool but the real shows up under the lights and not against the poor little brother teams.

He played against two lesser teams. Low key in one...dominated the other. You blew your wad (and hot air) over the former performance...fact...you're reactionary and far from impartial. You have an axe to grind and do not project as a professional that kids should aspire towards. When we see talented kids with attitude problems in P5 programs, I'll assume they camped with you. You're a gossip blustering on a message board. Where do you splat the rest of their confidence...Mr FACTs?

Mods, can we get a cleanup on all aisles, please? All of the things that have been said over the past 20 to 30 pages should not be in this recruit's thread or any thread for that matter, IMHO. Thanks, buddies!!!

Who does his team play this week? Are they any good? Is anyone going that can give a rundown on his performance?

Now look what you all have gone and done!

Ok. Starting.... now!
1Ih03G.gif

But seriously how do you measure the kids performance really? He is not at the position he is going to play in college. He is playing for a crappy team...why should he endanger his future at this point by going all out now. He obviously doesn't have to impress anybody, and they have nothing to play for but the fun of competition. It would be dumb to get hurt when you have nothing to play for.

Who does his team play this week? Are they any good? Is anyone going that can give a rundown on his performance?

Once the team Gray is competing against is announced, we need a detailed scouting report of the opposition to judge whether Gray's stats are impressive or not.

So just to bring everyone up to speed

1. Two posters have seen him play in person, and are not overly impressed.

2. He is highly rated, so everyone rides with that, since he is a commitment.

Personally, I have no opinion on the matter, at the moment

never know until they get on campus. Some highly ranked kids don't live up to the hype and others may light it up as Walk-ons. I say reserve judgment until he gets here.

The voice of reason. And dead cobras. I agree totally.

My 2 cents. I've said it before, but it's been a while. As a fan, I'm glad MG is committed to us, and I hope he balls out once he gets here. I will say, that after watching him around this area for the last 3+ years, I'm not sure where the ranking comes from. He must have really showed out at some important camps, because his on-field performance doesn't consistently scream 5*. Is the athletic ability there, absolutely, but what worries me is the motivation factor. I really wished he played for any other team in this county. I have a feeling his performance (or lack thereof) is due to a lack of pushing, structure, and discipline. What I'm worried about is when a player gets on campus and is thrown immediately into heavy duty pushing, structure, and discipline when they haven't been used to it...it doesn't end up very well a lot of the time.

As a fan, I hope he comes in and jumps right in and is a contributor early because he has the tools to be able to do it. I am just guarding my expectations and excitement until that happens.

Reactions: 8 people
My 2 cents. I've said it before, but it's been a while. As a fan, I'm glad MG is committed to us, and I hope he balls out once he gets here. I will say, that after watching him around this area for the last 3+ years, I'm not sure where the ranking comes from. He must have really showed out at some important camps, because his on-field performance doesn't consistently scream 5*. Is the athletic ability there, absolutely, but what worries me is the motivation factor. I really wished he played for any other team in this county. I have a feeling his performance (or lack thereof) is due to a lack of pushing, structure, and discipline. What I'm worried about is when a player gets on campus and is thrown immediately into heavy duty pushing, structure, and discipline when they haven't been used to it...it doesn't end up very well a lot of the time.

As a fan, I hope he comes in and jumps right in and is a contributor early because he has the tools to be able to do it. I am just guarding my expectations and excitement until that happens.

This is how you express concern about a recruit without bashing them. Good post.

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back