'17 SC DE Tre Lawson (FORMER UT commit 6/18/16)

"Tennessee hasn't visited him in the open period. It wouldnt be shocking if he backed off his commitment."

- Fortenberry

Yawn less, smile more.

d0530c11ee6acd58b5468a529e62d4b1.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
"Tennessee hasn't visited him in the open period. It wouldnt be shocking if he backed off his commitment."

- Fortenberry

So we're just ghosting commits we don't want anymore? Whether we rescinded his offer or not, this will likely have a negative effect if we ever try to recruit somebody from that school or area in the future.

If we're not rock solid about a prospect being a member of the signing class they shouldn't offer them in the first place. If I was a player I'd respect a team being selective more than an early offer I couldn't trust.

So we're just ghosting commits we don't want anymore? Whether we rescinded his offer or not, this will likely have a negative effect if we ever try to recruit somebody from that school or area in the future.

If we're not rock solid about a prospect being a member of the signing class they shouldn't offer them in the first place. If I was a player I'd respect a team being selective more than an early offer I couldn't trust.

Bruin? You change screen names?

Reactions: 5 people

It seems to be their system. It's not unlike the way many other programs operate. My biggest problem is that they don't communicate with the prospect. They seem to just quit communicating in hopes they get the message.

It seems to be their system. It's not unlike the way many other programs operate. My biggest problem is that they don't communicate with the prospect. They seem to just quit communicating in hopes they get the message.

Im sure theres more that goes on behind the scenes that we dont hear about.

Im sure theres more that goes on behind the scenes that we dont hear about.

I'm sure you're correct. We occasionally get the players side and never get the coaches side. We've seen this happen twice this season (Chase Rogers, and the CB out if Florida, can't recall his name) where in Rogers' case the dad said they just all of a sudden broke off Communication. Now you have to analyze whether the dad is telling the whole story or flat out lying. In his case I believe the dad. He didn't seem bitter and he seemed appreciative of TN early offer. He felt like that helped him get attention that he might not have otherwise.

The CB out of Florida claims that the staff did contact his coach and tell him. Again, are we getting the while story?

I understand the need to take commits and them drop them later if better prospects become a possibility. We've seen this year how the fanbase can turn on a dime and no one's going to say "8-4 continually is ok as long as he's being nice to prospects ".

I just wish they would man up and call the kids that they part with and be honest with them. Chances are they would respect the decision even if they don't agree with or like it. JMO

Reactions: 2 people

Brubear...is that you? Or are you just a protege?

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sure you're correct. We occasionally get the players side and never get the coaches side. We've seen this happen twice this season (Chase Rogers, and the CB out if Florida, can't recall his name) where in Rogers' case the dad said they just all of a sudden broke off Communication. Now you have to analyze whether the dad is telling the whole story or flat out lying. In his case I believe the dad. He didn't seem bitter and he seemed appreciative of TN early offer. He felt like that helped him get attention that he might not have otherwise.

The CB out of Florida claims that the staff did contact his coach and tell him. Again, are we getting the while story?

I understand the need to take commits and them drop them later if better prospects become a possibility. We've seen this year how the fanbase can turn on a dime and no one's going to say "8-4 continually is ok as long as he's being nice to prospects ".

I just wish they would man up and call the kids that they part with and be honest with them. Chances are they would respect the decision even if they don't agree with or like it. JMO

Another thing, if you criticize these coaches taking commitments from lesser talent then the Butch worshipers come in takin up for him.

Not a peep from these worshipers when this happens. Hypocritical!

Another thing, if you criticize these coaches taking commitments from lesser talent then the Butch worshipers come in takin up for him.

The problem is we don't get to hear from the coaches when commits happen. How often has Butch dropped a kid when he has tweeted something good cryptic after a commitment. It's almost always the ones that come out of the blue and we never hear about how "Coach Jones said I made his day" or see a "#EL17E" tweet from Butch that get dropped later. So who is to say his commitment was ever really official in the first place. I don't doubt that some kids have been dropped and maybe some were done wrong in one way or another. The problem is we never know the whole story so dumping on the coaching staff is a little unfair. Those coaches spend hundreds and thousands of hours building relationships with these kids. That is something most of us will never understand.

This type of stuff happens all over the country. These players arent 10 years old. It is what it is.

Coaches offer 400-500 offers a cycle. These are verbal and NONCOMMITABLE. Recruits change their minds all the time. This is a case of taking a commitment, but refining the class to fit the needs of the program. Do we need more DE's, or more DT's? He's refining the class. Like it or not, it's business.

Just keep calling posters who still reserve final judgement, but support the coach while he still holds that title "worshippers". Better than having a coherent point. :)

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back