'17 SC DE Tre Lawson (FORMER UT commit 6/18/16)

With the recruitment of Trey Smith and Eze and others, I don't see them taking after another OT this early. I could be wrong though.

BTW, John Henderson did okay at DT and he was 6'7'

I think Henderson was an exception, being an all-around physical freak. Lawson doesn't strike me that way, although admittedly I don't watch as much film as D4H. I think Strip prefers his DTs with a lower center of gravity personally. In any event, BOOM!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
He will be a great DE pass rusher. He could fit the mold of Julious Peppers. He moves very well for a 6'7" guy.

He is huge. Has good burst for that size. Could be a great tweener. I can see him bulking up to fill the Quick DT role

Welcome Mr. Lawson

i03mPbKJQqLqE.gif

Ryan Bartow when asked if FSU offer was committable
Yes FSU (Lawing) offered early. He's recruited the Carolinas forever and made a living off landing kids from that loaded region.

Hey yo,

The Carolinas is "D-LINE HEAVEN"

Vols fans should know that as good as anyone. Remember when Dan Brooks would go into North and South Carolina to get half of his position room?

Albert Haynesworth
Darwin Walker
Shaun Ellis
Robert Ayers
Leonard Little

One of the Vols' best (and my favorites) defensive linemen right now is from 'D-Line Heaven' too: Shy Tuttle.

I never, ever bet against a defensive lineman from the Carolinas.

The seconds and thirds from there at that spot wind up being better than the firsts most anywhere else.

Defensive linemen from the Carolinas are like hot blondes: you can't get enough of them.

Reactions: 5 people
Could easily see him playing SDE @ 275/280. If he ges up to 300 then naturally I think you turn him into a DT. Good pick up though. I guess this means we've missed on Jordan Williams.

Reactions: 1 person
Missed or passed. It's all good to me. They are both great prospects.

When we get a commit from somebody out of left field, especially more than 6 months from signing day, I'm always wondering what the staff's evaluation was. I'm also convinced that the staff's rating metric changed from year 2 to 3 from going after the players they felt had the most immediate impact to those they feel have the highest ceiling. BobW made specific comments to that effect last year. It might be a big surprise to see how the services would rate the staff's board.

Reactions: 1 person
He will either be a 275 lb D.E. or he will grow into a 300 LB O.T. He has long arms. He could become a proto type Left Tackle. That is where the money is these days!!!

VN Store

Back