'17 Marlon Williams WR Mobile, AL (USC commit)

Stud WR is a legit need

I get that but they have known Malone is leaving for awhile now as a legit possibility. Normally you see them turn up heat on someone we have connections with this late or someone kept in touch with. Instead it's been a few guys out of the blue. Including Z saying to Thomas he didn't have his contact info. How does he not have his contact info. seemed like there is more to it

I get that but they have known Malone is leaving for awhile now as a legit possibility. Normally you see them turn up heat on someone we have connections with this late or someone kept in touch with. Instead it's been a few guys out of the blue. Including Z saying to Thomas he didn't have his contact info. How does he not have his contact info. seemed like there is more to it

When I read that comment by Z, it seemed to me like an excuse.. He overlooked him, didn't recruit him and was trying to save face.. Not good..

When I read that comment by Z, it seemed to me like an excuse.. He overlooked him, didn't recruit him and was trying to save face.. Not good..

He told Thomas that he didn't have his contact info...I found his Twitter in 0.34 seconds..plus the recruiting service guys surely have contact info for 4 star recruits.

He told Thomas that he didn't have his contact info...I found his Twitter in 0.34 seconds..plus the recruiting service guys surely have contact info for 4 star recruits.

@jeffthomas hey dude its coach azzani from the university of tennessee we would like to offer you a scholars

Visiting LSU this weekend and UT on Jan 27. Last visit is always good.

So we've got 4 WR's visiting on the 27th?

I think I've seen that Jaylen Harris, Jeff Thomas, Jordan Pouncey, and Marlon Williams are all visiting that last weekend before NSD. Wonder what the pecking order looks like on the staff's board. Should come out of that weekend with at least one of those guys to add on NSD.

So what's up with this kid is he a take... do we like him over Thomas? Does he replace someone else already committed?

It will be interesting to see what happens. Bartow says Williams isn't a take because of people higher on the board

Wow thats nuts for the last weekend all at once like that.

to have four WR prospects visit on the same weekend, IMO---especially if one of them is your priority target. He might look at the others and say, "too many WRs." Not ideal.

to have four WR prospects visit on the same weekend, IMO---especially if one of them is your priority target. He might look at the others and say, "too many WRs." Not ideal.

It may turn into a "first one to commit gets the spot" kind of a deal.

So we've got 4 WR's visiting on the 27th?

I think I've seen that Jaylen Harris, Jeff Thomas, Jordan Pouncey, and Marlon Williams are all visiting that last weekend before NSD. Wonder what the pecking order looks like on the staff's board. Should come out of that weekend with at least one of those guys to add on NSD.

Musical chairs with only one seat available...unless we plan on cutting someone loose or someone will likely not make the grades.

Just an opinion but I believe Jacquez Jones's spot is up for grabs and if Fant is having academic issues then he may be heading out also.

Just an opinion but I believe Jacquez Jones's spot is up for grabs and if Fant is having academic issues then he may be heading out also.

I agree with this. There's rumblings about Murphy's academics too. It seems like they'll bring these guys in, show them their new Offensive Coordinator and go with the ones they like best/have the least academic worries.

I agree with this. There's rumblings about Murphy's academics too. It seems like they'll bring these guys in, show them their new Offensive Coordinator and go with the ones they like best/have the least academic worries.

Sounds like a great situation.

I hope Murphy is good to go he seems like the crown jewel of the wr class as it stands now.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back