'17' Juco S Johnathan Abram

I buddy of mine coached At UT in the 80"s & he says Jucos are such hit & miss.

Says they mostly have trouble adjusting to speed of play & bigtime sec.

Said there juco for a reason. Hes pretty negative toward jucos in general. I was all crazy when we got kongbo and he was all like "ahhhh i prob wouldnt have taken him"

Then i say well what about cordaralle patterson. What about kamara??

I agree with you about the 3* star thing. Cam is in that class himself. It's just few & far between that these 3* kids go on to make it in the NFL. It's your 4* & 5* studs that go that far more than the 2* & 3* players. You take a kid focused & work ethic like Cam & yes then you have a 3* gem but again not many of those willing to do what it takes to become a star.

Sometimes you got *3 who are *4 but don't know it yet.

The recruiting sites know a lot more than everybody else.

They told Butch about JJ Watt being a *4 with a *2 ranking.

Terrel Bailey is a *4 on Rivals.
Corker is only a *3

Until they officially change Corkers star ranking, he just won't be as good as Bailey on the field. He just won't.

Reactions: 1 person
If a player did not produce in Highschool, I don't really care to take them as a JUCO.

JUCO exceptions:

1. Highly rated in high school, but didn't have the grades, or transferred from his D1 school: see, Kamara.

2. Not highly rated in school, due to grades, but was an obvious animal. See CP84

3. Freakish athlete who barely knows the game due to living overseas. 33% chance of success, IMO. See Kongbo
------
I really don't care for guys who were lightly recruited in HS, and all of the sudden look like decent players. You find some, but then you also.... Woody Quinn, Jeff George, DJ Henderson, Lanier, Blair... There are a ton more, but I can't even remember their names

I just highly doubt we seriously go after anymore 3* recruits for 2017. Not disrespecting you & posting him because it gives the recruit publicity anyhow. I just think we're 3* out right now for 2017 recruits. Thanks!

Have you forgotten that Sutton was a 3*????

No it's not all.

Do what? I'm not understanding you. It is pretty rare for a 3* recruit coming out of high school to turn into a superstar & then to the NFL. That's why I said players like Cam are the exception to that.

There aren't many at all like a Cam Sutton. Maybe a few 3*'s from Bama have ended up becoming superstars & onto the NFL but like I said they are few & far between. That's not really an opinion. It's a fact backed up with facts from history.

Do what? I'm not understanding you. It is pretty rare for a 3* recruit coming out of high school to turn into a superstar & then to the NFL. That's why I said players like Cam are the exception to that.

There aren't many at all like a Cam Sutton. Maybe a few 3*'s from Bama have ended up becoming superstars & onto the NFL but like I said they are few & far between. That's not really an opinion. It's a fact backed up with facts from history.

Define not many?

If you saying only a few thousand 3stars have played in the NFL then I agree with you.

Nope I haven't & I've also said Sutton is the exception. Players like a Cam Sutton are few & far between. A 3* turning into a superstar is pretty rare.

Lol there's a lot like that every class. There's more 3* all-pro players in the NFL than there is 5*'s

Reactions: 1 person
Define not many?

If you saying only a few thousand 3stars have played in the NFL then I agree with you.

I wouldn't say a few thousand either. I would put it in the hundreds at most. Would be something interesting to research & see wouldn't it to get that exact number?

Lol there's a lot like that every class. There's more 3* all-pro players in the NFL than there is 5*'s

I don't agree with that at all. That's what I say we need someone to research this topic & get the numbers. I may do that over the weekend & of course provide proof to those numbers. Thanks!

VN Store

Back