'17 IN QB Hunter Johnson (Former UT Commit 8/23/15) (Clemson commit)

latest

Reactions: 3 people
Exactly right. If our coaches believe he can help us win, go get him. I don't give a rat's azz if a few snowflakes on VN have hurt feelings. JUST WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do some in our fan base have such a hard on for other team's scraps? Name one QB who transferred from a school here recently (within the last 10 years) because they couldn't win the QB competition and was successful at the next school? The only one I can think of is Russel Wilson. That's one guy out of who knows how many have transferred.

Why do some in our fan base have such a hard on for other team's scraps? Name one QB who transferred from a school here recently (within the last 10 years) because they couldn't win the QB competition and was successful at the next school? The only one I can think of is Russel Wilson. That's one guy out of who knows how many have transferred.

Baker Mayfield.

Nope dude was 2013 Big 12 Freshman Player of the Year there was no way he was riding the pine the next year. He apparently had issues with the coaching staff and left....... next?

He lost the starting job towards the end of same said season and Kingsbury wouldn’t even honor a previous scholarship promise...THAT was the “issue with the coaching staff”. He wasn’t starting the next season brah! Next? Ok...Jacob Coker. :)

Peterman

That's a fair one. So we have 3 examples (with Mayfield being questionable on the motive) out of how many QBs that have transferred due to being the odd man out in a QB competition. I would be curious to see a stat on the % of those who were successful (we will classify successful as starting one whole season) at their next school.

I would take a guess at this being less than 5% maybe even less than 2.5%.

This would tell me that other team's scraps are what they are...... scraps!

That's a fair one. So we have 3 examples (with Mayfield being questionable on the motive) out of how many QBs that have transferred due to being the odd man out in a QB competition. I would be curious to see a stat on the % of those who were successful (we will classify successful as starting one whole season) at their next school.

This was just off the top of people’s heads...and recent examples. I wouldn’t spend that scientific grant on designer drugs just yet. :)

Nathan Peterman...Riley Ferguson..

Reactions: 1 person

Saw a stat the other day that said 33% of all blue chip QBs from 2015-2018 classes have transferred or are transferring due to being the odd man out or not starting at their current school. It’s becoming more common and I would bet that your 5% number is actually a lot more if success is just measured by starting for a full year. I bet a good chunk of that 33% starts at their next stop.

VN Store

Back