'17 France 6'6" SF/SG Yves Pons.

😐

I mean that ok and all but it's just not very exciting. He may end up being a really good player for us. Barnes has done ok in the evaluation department it seems.

Better offers than Grant Williams had...at this point I truly don't look at anyone from the '16 class (widely criticized) and say they can't compete at the SEC level.

I truly believe if he gets guys to stay 4&5 years, which is easier said than done, that he's gonna have something going here.

I will say Pons is a guy this staff feels is a difference maker, whether that's true or not we shall see, but they feel he's a guy who helps them win the close games.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Pons has the most potential of anybody that Barnes has brought in. The best recruit since Hubbs, Imo. Instant excitement, if the rest of his game catchings up with his athleticism and "I am going to dunk on u and posterize u" attitude, he will play in the NBA.

Just want to take this time to point out what a joke the composite score is on 247.

Look up Yves rankings across the 4 sites and then tell me how they have him 119 on composite.

The composite is crap.

Iirc 247 is the only service that has him ranked right?

How can we sign a player from France when CRB never leaves his office? Inquiring minds want to know!!

But they're not part of their "actual rankings", so again like you've said before where does the composite come from, 247 is the only service that gives him a numerical ranking. It was a cool concept but as you and others have pointed out it's not what it portrays itself to be, which is unfortunate.

Three 4* rankings shouldn't be 119 overall. Especially when the only numerical ranking is 58.

The composite just doesn't work. This is a great example of it not working as it's portrayed.

Three 4* rankings shouldn't be 119 overall. Especially when the only numerical ranking is 58.

The composite just doesn't work. This is a great example of it not working as it's portrayed.

Oh I agree his ranking is a joke, just saying they're the only ones with a numerical ranking. Unfortunately there's not and easy fix unless you're just gonna give unranked guys by rivals a 151, unranked by scout 101 and unranked by ESPN a 101, but that still wouldn't give an accurate representation and would inflate guys unranked by those services but ranked in the 150-250 range by 247

Oh I agree his ranking is a joke, just saying they're the only ones with a numerical ranking. Unfortunately there's not and easy fix unless you're just gonna give unranked guys by rivals a 151, unranked by scout 101 and unranked by ESPN a 101, but that still wouldn't give an accurate representation and would inflate guys unranked by those services but ranked in the 150-250 range by 247

Right. It just doesn't work. Works only for consensus top 50 or so guys. Outside of that it's useless.

Are you suggesting that Barnes flew to France to watch his games and do an in home?

I am just making fun of the fallacious accusation that CRB never leaves his office to recruit. I have no idea if CRB or any of the staff went to France.

Reactions: 2 people
I am just making fun of the fallacious accusation that CRB never leaves his office to recruit. I have no idea if CRB or any of the staff went to France.

Barnes' recruiting has been less than impressive considering what ought to be a mountain of connections.

I'll be impressed if Pons actually makes it on campus. Seems to always be issues with foreign players getting on campus. If he does, kudos.

Barnes' recruiting has been less than impressive considering what ought to be a mountain of connections.

I'll be impressed if Pons actually makes it on campus. Seems to always be issues with foreign players getting on campus. If he does, kudos.

My son and daughter are college students at a D1 school and there are many foreign athletes on their campus in many sports. Not sure what you are referencing.

My son and daughter are college students at a D1 school and there are many foreign athletes on their campus in many sports. Not sure what you are referencing.

I guess he's referring to the ones who face amateurism issue since a lot of overseas players have played with pro teams. A lot of people were worried that if we would have landed Omer Yurtseven that he wouldn't have even been eligible.

VN Store

Back