'17 FL WR Jordan Pouncey

I will give real info on this. I posted last week this was is final 3. My buddy's son plays with him at Winter Park. Also can tell you he's got a great relationship with ZA, and liked his visit when he camped this summer.

I would have thought he would have been a Florida lock, why no interest in Florida or Florida not interested in him?

I will give real info on this. I posted last week this was is final 3. My buddy's son plays with him at Winter Park. Also can tell you he's got a great relationship with ZA, and liked his visit when he camped this summer.

Is he kin to the Pounceys?

I would have thought he would have been a Florida lock, why no interest in Florida or Florida not interested in him?

Wants to do his own thing. UF wanted him, he's not interested. I'm not sure how good of a recruiter Mac is. Their classes aren't as good as the used to be.

Yes he's their cousin. Wants to build his own name. UF tried hard to get him before he committed to ND.

Pouncy twins are beloved in Lakeland still last time I was there.

That place has the best Sherrif. Grady Judd. Dude is classic

Pouncy twins are beloved in Lakeland still last time I was there.

That place has the best Sherrif. Grady Judd. Dude is classic

Yep don't do something stupid in Polk County because he will be on the news telling the community how big of a moron you are.

Reactions: 2 people
Wants to do his own thing. UF wanted him, he's not interested. I'm not sure how good of a recruiter Mac is. Their classes aren't as good as the used to be.

UF wasn't highly interested. They offered him at DB just like FSU and others; kid sees himself as a WR. He's headed to UM.

Happy Year's fellas!

Reactions: 4 people
UF wasn't highly interested. They offered him at DB just like FSU and others; kid sees himself as a WR. He's headed to UM.

Happy Year's fellas!

Happy New year to you as well, HG. Hope life of the left coast has been going well.

Happy Year's fellas!

I was more impressed with this kid Andre Williams in the games I saw. I was told he missed his Jr year because of a broken ankle. But has really good hands, he's quick, and a lot of the parents on the team pointed to him as the one to watch. I looked him up and found his highlight video.

#6screws Senior year - Dre Williams highlights - Hudl

Do you guys think the staff would take both pouncey and Thomas if they both wanted in ?

Considering he struggles recruiting after winning sec east first two years tells you all you need to know about his recruiting ability

Considering he struggles recruiting after winning sec east first two years tells you all you need to know about his recruiting ability

Absolutely getting spanked two years in a row in the SEC championship game doesn't help.

"Before I committed to Notre Dame, Tennessee was really high on my list," Pouncey told Ivins. "It was probably between Notre Dame and Tennessee when I first committed."

The Vols have made it clear to Pouncey that he could earn early playing time in their offense.

"The message has really been, 'We need you to come in and play,'" he said, referring to Tennessee's sales pitch. "That's really the message that all the schools have been telling me, because I wouldn't be considering a school that's going to, like, redshirt me. I expect to play as a freshman. With all the schools I'm considering, my top four, that's the case at all of them."

Tennessee coach Butch Jones has developed a good relationship with Pouncey, he said, and has been in contact with him since even before the Vols extended a scholarship offer to him in May.

"I love Coach Jones. He's a real cool guy," Pouncey said. "I've known him for quite a while now. I think Tennessee started recruiting me my freshman year, like, kind of under the radar a little bit. But Coach Jones is somebody that I have real close ties to."

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 3 people
JORDAN POUNCEY, 6-2, 185 pounds

Winter Park (Fla.) High School

Three stars. Ranked No. 716 overall prospect and No. 107 wide receiver in 247Sports Composite.

Tennessee’s chances: Average. After recently decommitting from Notre Dame, he’s planning to visit Tennessee the weekend of Jan. 27. Miami appears to be the favorite, but the Vols remain legitimate contenders.

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 2 people
He's already made a commitment video. Waiting to hear officially from my buddy'so son, but he just OV'd to Miami so I'd imagine that's where he ends up.

PounceyNumbaSeven™ ‏@_pouncey 2h2 hours ago
Great in-home visit with the Volunteer Coaching Staff #VFL

C3Dz2SMUoAAeAho.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
If we're still going after a receiver after Palmer's commitment, and it's said we'll make room for the D-lineman to come, then from a sheer numbers standpoint how can we not end up losing Murphy or Fant or both or cut another commitment loose?

VN Store

Back