'17 FL QB N'Kosi Perry

If he is under throwing deep pass routes, sounds like an arm strength issue. CBJ and staff will probably do their due diligence on his evaluation. Of course, Lawson could help fix any arm strength deficiency.

Arm strength is not manufactured in a weight room. It is a talent. We don't know if the under thrown balls are arm related either. Could be late throws or poor timing of throws.

Reactions: 3 people
Arm strength is not manufactured in a weight room. It is a talent. We don't know if the under thrown balls are arm related either. Could be late throws or poor timing of throws.

I kind of see what you mean -- 'Talent' implies that there is some God given ability that some people have and other don't. I think that is a factor when it comes to arm strength, i.e., the ability to throw a football hard or deep. But throwing mechanics and simple physical strength also play a factor.

Adding significant physical strength in the weight room, and working on throwing mechanics will most certainly improve his arm strength, in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 person
I kind of see what you mean -- 'Talent' implies that there is some God given ability that some people have and other don't. I think that is a factor when it comes to arm strength, i.e., the ability to throw a football hard or deep. But throwing mechanics and simple physical strength also play a factor.

Adding significant physical strength in the weight room, and working on throwing mechanics will most certainly improve his arm strength, in my opinion.

Tyler Bray and Uncle Rico disagree with the strength = distance.

Are mobile, athletic QBs the new norm for us under Butch? I wonder if Dormady will get a fair shake at being the starter in '17, or if the reins will be handed straight to Guarantano.

If it's the latter we'll surely have some attrition at the QB position and we might need this kid.

Seems to be pretty raw, but has potential.

Unless he overhauls his throwing motion, he will be most accurate on short to mid range throws.

Dobbs 2.0?

WRs withstanding, Dobbs inconsistencies, imo,lie squarely between his ears. His greatest gift is also his biggest curse.

He thinks too much.

If you watch him closely, you can see him "think thru" his throwing mechanics rather than let his body take over.

Sometimes you just have to say forget it and go for what you know.

Other than observing Mr. Perry's throwing motion, I haven't performed an in depth analysis of his film.

WRs withstanding, Dobbs inconsistencies, imo,lie squarely between his ears. His greatest gift is also his biggest curse.

He thinks too much.

If you watch him closely, you can see him "think thru" his throwing mechanics rather than let his body take over.

Sometimes you just have to say forget it and go for what you know.

Other than observing Mr. Perry's throwing motion, I haven't performed an in depth analysis of his film.

I've noticed the same thing. And to prove the point, just watch the difference in body language between when he throws and when he runs. Very robotic in the pocket vs. very fluid when he's rolling.

FTR, im a huge Dobbs fan and glad he's ours. He's hell to defend.

I've noticed the same thing. And to prove the point, just watch the difference in body language between when he throws and when he runs. Very robotic in the pocket vs. very fluid when he's rolling.

This. Dobbs isn't the best QB we've ever had, but IMO, he's probably the most fun to watch.

With Dobbs 1.0 on campus for another year, Jones and Dormady behind him, Gaurantano in the '16 class, and being in the mix for Lawrence in the '18 class, a Dobbs 2.0 in the '17 class isn't the worse thing that could happen.

#Tennessee leads for QB @KosiPerry per @LukeStampini. -Ryan Bartow tweet

This would be the perfect restart to this class. All we need is one domino to fall. Keep in mind the '14 class didn't take off until TKJr committed in mid-March, then we had what seemed like an avalanche of commits.

Or,look at his performances once we are rallying or severely behind vs. when we are maintaining a lead.

And, ftr, I've liked Dobbs prior to us offering him.

I think the change in his performance between this season and last season will be night and day. Working with the baseball team will help him get back to the basics.

Or,look at his performances once we are rallying or severely behind vs. when we are maintaining a lead.

And, ftr, I've liked Dobbs prior to us offering him.

I think the change in his performance between this season and last season will be night and day. Working with the baseball team will help him get back to the basics.

He's not working with the baseball team

VN Store

Back