'17 FL QB N'Kosi Perry

This kid isn't in-state. We probably should choose an inferior in-state kid instead.

Nah. Right now I had Hooker in my class. He's from NC. This kid would he alright. QB for 2017 I see as more a filler. Mid level guy is fine by me. Makes securing Lawrence even easier in 2018. Now if we lose Jones or Dormady, QB recruiting for this class becomes a bit more important.

Prediction...This kid commits to UT soon. Lots of freak out 'he's not ranked high enough' embarrassing posts occur. He ends up being one of the top rated QB prospects in the class. After some bigtime offers those same people make 'omg we can't lose him posts'.

But don't worry, he sticks with UT. Butch Stones.

Reactions: 3 people
Excellent passing numbers last year, decent on the ground:
N'Kosi Perry's (Ocala, FL) Football Stats | MaxPreps

“You couldn't ask for anything better from a player,” [Vanguard coach Edwin] Farmer said. “He's a great team leader, he's always been one of those kids who's a worker and the other players just buy right into it. He has always been like that, ever since coming in here as a ninth grader. ... And now he's that leader at work.”
Perry's big arm rewrites Knights' record book | Ocala.com

Canes board:
This is a damn good prospect who is labeled a dual threat QB, who is more of a pocket lesser than dual threat. He keeps his eyes downfield and looks to throw it all the way to the line. The soft touch he has on his passes are Danny Wuerffel like, someone I considered to have one of the most catchable balls I've ever seen.

Said he thinks it's what Miami needed. Hopes he's still considering them.

Vincent Perry's pass to Josh Malone is complete, pick of up about 7 yards.

Sorry, that was N'Kosi Perry's pass to Josh Smith and it fell incomplete.

You just gave away the secret trick play to open the season.

Really like his film. Great accuracy and athleticism. He just needs some work on mechanics/footwork but that's all coachable.

"A decommitment from another school to pay attention to...N'Kosi Perry decommits from Miami. Tennessee and Larry Scott, along with Mike DeBord, are heavily involved here."

- Fortenberry

Butch be like:

"Miami recruit? Yoink!"
giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Does the NCAA allow an unpaid ex player to interact with the current players during the season? I know they bring guys in for speeches and such but are they allowed to provide more hands on type coaching "in season"? If so, imagine how influential it would be if PM agreed to donate one day per week in season to work with the QB's? Not saying he'd be willing, but I believe his home is still in East TN so commuting to Knoxville once a week would be very doable.

Quarterback N’Koski Perry, a former Miami commit, had a solid two-day run. And while he occasionally underthrew wide receivers on deep routes, the good far outweighed the bad. Perry is a duel threat, so the fact that he managed to shine without being permitted to show his speed is impressive. Perry has a nice quarterback’s build and a quick release. Tennessee is thought to hold a slight edge in the race to secure his commitment.
-Rivals.

Reactions: 4 people
If he is under throwing deep pass routes, sounds like an arm strength issue. CBJ and staff will probably do their due diligence on his evaluation. Of course, Lawson could help fix any arm strength deficiency.

If he is under throwing deep pass routes, sounds like an arm strength issue. CBJ and staff will probably do their due diligence on his evaluation. Of course, Lawson could help fix any arm strength deficiency.

Yeah if his currently listed measureables are accurate (6'3" 170lbs), then he'd be at least 40 lbs heavier before he ever gets behind center when the live bullets are flying. Plenty of room on the frame to add strength.

VN Store

Back