'17 DE C/PF Zach Kent (UT commit 10/30/16)

"6-10, Big Man Zach Kent, who attends Blair Academy in New Jersey remains undecided following his weekend trip to Northwestern. Kent who is choosing between Tennessee and the Wildcats, has decided to take some time before announcing a decision."

this is probably a bad sign. didn't impress him enough to make a decision. Most likely waiting to see if other offers come in.

Last edited:
"6-10, Big Man Zach Kent, who attends Blair Academy in New Jersey remains undecided following his weekend trip to Northwestern. Kent who is choosing between Tennessee and the Wildcats, has decided to take some time before announcing a decision."

this is probably a bad sign. didn't impress him enough to make a decision. Most likely waiting to see if other offers come in.

"Some time" could mean a couple days to think on it with his family, or a few months to see what other offers come, I wouldn't necessarily take it as a bad sign immediately. You see lots of recruits set announcement dates weeks or months out to give themselves sometime to think, iirc Grant Williams took awhile deciding as well. The bad sign is that we obviously aren't the clear cut choice or be likely wouldn't have needed extra time, he's seemingly still undecided, that to me is the negative...I don't think it necessarily means he's holding out for more offers though.

Reactions: 1 person
"Some time" could mean a couple days to think on it with his family, or a few months to see what other offers come, I wouldn't necessarily take it as a bad sign immediately. You see lots of recruits set announcement dates weeks or months out to give themselves sometime to think, iirc Grant Williams took awhile deciding as well. The bad sign is that we obviously aren't the clear cut choice or be likely wouldn't have needed extra time, he's seemingly still undecided, that to me is the negative...I don't think it necessarily means he's holding out for more offers though.

Hope so. Like to get this kid.

Agreed.

Where did the quote come from?

Agreed.

Where did the quote come from?

Another message board.

Here's the rest of it.

Kent and I were scheduled to speak later this evening to re-cap his trip this past weekend to Evanston, Illinois and see where he stood in his recruitment, but Zach just postponed that conversation.

"I'm taking some time away to think" texted Kent. "I'm sorry but I'm not talking to anyone right now."

So now we wait, for Zach Kent's decision. As soon as I learn more we will share it here on Inside Tennessee.

Last edited:
Another message board.

Here's the rest of it.

Kent and I were scheduled to speak later this evening to re-cap his trip this past weekend to Evanston, Illinois and see where he stood in his recruitment, but Zach just postponed that conversation.

"I'm taking some time away to think" texted Kent. "I'm sorry but I'm not talking to anyone right now."

So now we wait, for Zach Kent's decision. As soon as I learn more we will share it here on Inside Tennessee.

Thanks

UT associate head coach Rob Lanier visited Blair Academy again on Wednesday, October 19 of this week.

Just to let people know we aren't just sitting around on this one.

UT associate head coach Rob Lanier visited Blair Academy again on Wednesday, October 19 of this week.

Just to let people know we aren't just sitting around on this one.

?? The 19th was last week? Lanier visited him before he went on his Northwestern visit. Is that an old quote you are using to signify Tennessee's interest in Kent?

?? The 19th was last week? Lanier visited him before he went on his Northwestern visit. Is that an old quote you are using to signify Tennessee's interest in Kent?

Yes. Just to let some know he is a serous target and the conception that staff is not trying is false.

I'd have posted it before his visit had I seen it then. Seems to be some more informed info on the Insider board. We don't get much here.

Yes. Just to let some know he is a serous target and the conception that staff is not trying is false.

I'd have posted it before his visit had I seen it then. Seems to be some more informed info on the Insider board. We don't get much here.

Copy

I don't think the delay is a negative for Tennessee. I don't know what the kid is going to do but as of Wednesday afternoon I think Tennessee felt good about things though I wouldn't say I have picked up the vibe that it's a done deal.

Things could change any minute but as of 7:30 I don't think he's given UT any indication of what he's going to do.

As a prospect I would say more of the same at best. We'll see. As always could be wrong.
Rob Lewis

What does he mean when he says "as a prospect, more of the same at best"?

Just pretty good, nothing special, need developing. Rob Lewis is not real high on the freshman. Think some could be pretty good after more development.

The first domino that will fall will almost certainly be Zach Kent, who made his official visit two weeks ago during the Alabama game. Tennessee made a strong impression on Kent during that trip, but the Vols had to wait out a visit to Northwestern, which took place this past weekend.

From what we’re hearing, Kent could make a decision as early as today (Friday). We were expecting Rick Barnes to travel to Delaware to visit with Kent on Thursday night, at which point you’d expect the Vols to be looking to lock down a commitment.

We don’t believe Kent has informed either school what he’s going to do yet, but as of late Thursday evening we believe things are trending in Tennessee’s direction.

-VQ

Not Boom because the rest reads like this staff is about going after the least resistance in recruiting. Rob trying to act like this staff won't be getting Stokes but Kent eases the blow.

When you're starving for a boom, you don't pick at it. :)

Not Boom because the rest reads like this staff is about going after the least resistance in recruiting. Rob trying to act like this staff won't be getting Stokes but Kent eases the blow.

You sure read a lot into nothing. SD wearing off on you.

CRB heading to talk to Kent Thursday night so I would expect Kent to commit to us pretty soon. That's how I take what's being said & what's going on.

Stokes appears to be gone so Kent may be our lone commit for 2017 which is ok because we can have carryover for 2017.

If we only get Kent that would leave us with 3 for 2018 & 3 for 2019.

How do you count 3 for 2018? We are currently full, Hubbs and Evans graduate, get Kent, that leaves 1 open scholarship. Mostella would be the only senior graduating, that would make 2 open scholarships for the '18 class by my math? Thanks!

CRB heading to talk to Kent Thursday night so I would expect Kent to commit to us pretty soon. That's how I take what's being said & what's going on.

Stokes appears to be gone so Kent may be our lone commit for 2017 which is ok because we can have carryover for 2017.

Where'd Stokes go?

How do you count 3 for 2018? We are currently full, Hubbs and Evans graduate, get Kent, that leaves 1 open scholarship. Mostella would be the only senior graduating, that would make 2 open scholarships for the '18 class by my math? Thanks!

You're right. With only Kent signing, that would leave us with 2 total scholarships for 2018 & 3 for 2019. What did I say before? Anyhow, that's what it would be if Kent ends up being the only signee. Thanks!

VN Store

Back