'17 DE C/PF Zach Kent (UT commit 10/30/16)

Mods, could you please move the way off-topic posts by all of us to the off-topic thread or some other thread? We've clogged this Kent basketball thread up bad with way off-topic posts. Thanks!

How convenient for you to be concerned about the integrity of the thread as soon as you are caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

I was talking about for 2017. Whatever buddy. I was not disputing calban in any way. Just telling that for 2017 we have basically nothing because we aren't recruiting hard enough evidently. Thanks & I will not argue anymore with you about this.

We already have posted off-topic posts in this thread that's supposed to be about Zach Kent. So, please let's stop it & move on & start posting about him. Thanks!

You directly wrote that he was wrong. You are wrong. You responded to his post about 2018-19 and said he was wrong. You wrote nothing about 2017 in your post responding to Calban.

Reactions: 1 person
Wrong again Tony. Thanks.

The post to calban of mine GTO was about the 2018 & 2019 recruits & not basketball recruits. That's what I was talking about anyhow. Was he actually talking about 2018 & 2019 basketball recruits being hosted for that Bama game?

I thought he was like me & thinking of the football recruits & not the basketball recruits. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding about that then. I didn't do it intentionally though guys. Just a complete mix-up on the sports. Thanks!

Zach is making his OV for the Bama game.

Okay. He is raw, but adds a much needed dimension to the roster. Even if he turns out to be just a role player, his presence helps. And his attitude is Barnes worthy.

Being serious when I ask this... what attitude?
From the little I have seen of him he seems timid. He obviously will get some blocked shots, but he hardly comes across intimidating or hard nosed. jmo.

How convenient for you to be concerned about the integrity of the thread as soon as you are caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

My hand wasn't caught in the cookie jar. Please read my other post to explain what I think happened. There is such things as misunderstandings or mixups sometimes right?

Or, do you not believe it that type of stuff? Either everybody is a truth teller or a liar? No such things as mistakes or misunderstandings? Is that the way you think? I explain what I think happened from another post when it comes to my post to calban. Thanks!

Mods, could you please move the way off-topic posts by all of us to the off-topic thread or some other thread? We've clogged this Kent basketball thread up bad with way off-topic posts. Thanks!

They should be moved to the 10 year show cause thread.....IMO

Being serious when I ask this... what attitude?
From the little I have seen of him he seems timid. He obviously will get some blocked shots, but he hardly comes across intimidating or hard nosed. jmo.
Speaking about his desire to improve his game. His transfer to Blair will offer better competition. Wouldn't worry though. If Barnes doesn't think he fits in he'll pass.

Posted articles about what he was looking for in a school earlier in the thread.

Speaking about his desire to improve his game. His transfer to Blair will offer better competition. Wouldn't worry though. If Barnes doesn't think he fits in he'll pass.

Posted articles about what he was looking for in a school earlier in the thread.

Unfortunately, the bigs that we all could agree on that we would want have passed on us.

I hope he finds a big in this class that can at least be a solid role player.

Good chance we land Stokes.

I agree but if we don't then we don't have anybody signed still for 2017 which is unusual for an SEC school. Let's hope Jarnell can get his brother to commit to UT. That's really our biggest hope is Jarnell having gone to UT. Thanks!

“It was all really good, I didn’t know what to expect as far as the campus, and the atmosphere, and I loved it,” Kent said. “It was really impressive on all fronts.

“I got to spend a lot of time around the coaches and the players and what jumps out is that it’s just a really good group of guys.”

“They really want a big guy in this class obviously and that’s appealing. I mean you want to go where you’re wanted and needed. That’s why they’re up there at the top of my list,” Kent shared.

“He has a proven track record with guys like me. Not just bigs with some skill, but guys that not everyone believes in,” Kent offered.
“Coach Lanier is the same way. Both of them are really good guys and spending time with them and seeing them around the team I now that that they’re really good coaches.
“I was able to see this week that it’s a really good school and a really a good group of guys on the team as far as who my teammates would be. They have guys that want to work. It’s a nice opportunity.”
-Rivals

Reactions: 3 people
Kent will travel to Evanston, Illinois, next week on an official visit to Northwestern and he reiterated that he expects to make a decision shortly after that visit with Tennessee and Northwestern his two finalists.
Scout

Just noticed offer list on Rivals. I'm hoping the offers from Maryland, Notre Dame and Oregon weren't slow plays. Helps me deal with the fact we might lose a guy we want to Northwestern.

Reactions: 1 person
Just noticed offer list on Rivals. I'm hoping the offers from Maryland, Notre Dame and Oregon weren't slow plays. Helps me deal with the fact we might lose a guy we want to Northwestern.

Some good response from his visit here. I believe he sees Barnes as his best path to the NBA.
I say we get him.

Feel the same way.

Some good response from his visit here. I believe he sees Barnes as his best path to the NBA.
I say we get him.

Yeah I hope so, Cal. I'm glad they chose to be selective, just getting frustrated we've struck out to this point. Unless I'm mistaking, we were late to the Kent party. Probably lucky to even still be in this one huh.

Yeah I hope so, Cal. I'm glad they chose to be selective, just getting frustrated we've struck out to this point. Unless I'm mistaking, we were late to the Kent party. Probably lucky to even still be in this one huh.

I think we contacted him as early as October 2015. Just had him on the back burner til Uly. bolted.

any news on when he will make a decision? Visited Northwestern last weekend. Any comments on his visit? I have seen or heard nothing.

VN Store

Back