'17 AL QB Bubba Thompson

I like what I saw.

Physically, a lot of room to fill out. Big frame, but underdeveloped physically. Could easily reach Dobbs size or more. Haven't check the weights, but certainly looked bigger than Dobbs as a senior.

Mechanics need a lot of work, but he seemed to have the tools. Under duress most of the night, so setting up in a clean pocket was a pipe dream

He's a raw athlete with a lot of upside. Hope we get him

Hard to say

Miss St commit might help with Akers, plus pretty good on his own

Bubba high upside and athletic

Might go the baseball route though and waste scholarship for this year

I mean it's arguable who's better or who will be better, but Thompson is faster and the much superior athlete. For those who haven't seen Bubba, I'd say he's faster than Dobbs is. Probably legit 4.5 or under. There's probably a Bs time that rivals puts on their profile, but football speed in pads he's definitely at the very least a shade faster than Dobbs.

Many more skills... I'm not sure what that means

"Many more skills" meaning what exactly?

Better passer & runner. Bubba might be a little more athletic but he is not the better QB of the two. Wickman, you are going to set here & say that Bubba Thompson who was at once a 2* is better than the Miss State kid who is a 4* now & has been for a while? We all have opinions just like I told you in my last reply but you can't watch video very well if you think Bubba is the better QB.

Hard to say

Miss St commit might help with Akers, plus pretty good on his own

Bubba high upside and athletic

Might go the baseball route though and waste scholarship for this year
We aren't getting Akers. If you want the Miss St kid I would say it's based solely on the fact that you think he's the better QB.

I like Bubba better than any realistic QB left on our bird because his athleticism and he runs a very similar offense to ours and seems to have a lot of tools passing wise

Granted, I don't know much about the other kid

Better passer & runner. Bubba might be a little more athletic but he is not the better QB of the two. Wickman, you are going to set here & say that Bubba Thompson who was at once a 2* is better than the Miss State kid who is a 4* now & has been for a while? We all have opinions just like I told you in my last reply but you can't watch video very well if you think Bubba is the better QB.
From what I've seen Bubba is twice the athlete that other kid is.

You do know he's a 2* because he was all but certainly going to the MLB draft 4 months ago and had a change of heart right? He doesn't have the big school offers because most schools have a QB they are happy with. 247 already bumped him to an 87. Closer to 4* than 3*, but I trust my eyes more than their rankings.

I'd say better passer and runner about covers it all.
Haven't seen the other kid pass much, but I'd argue Bubba is one of the most athletic QBs in this class. There's some clips on YouTube for reference. I've also heard from people who have seen him live.

Haven't seen the other kid pass much, but I'd argue Bubba is one of the most athletic QBs in this class. There's some clips on YouTube for reference. I've also heard from people who have seen him live.

I haven't watched film on either. Tony is right, I am just trying to rile him up.

I haven't watched film on either. Tony is right, I am just trying to rile him up.
😂😂😂 if you want to be impressed, there's a few short clips on YouTube of bubba. A Hail Mary TD, a 75 yard game winning td pass late in a game, a 71 yard run, a 25 yard run or so. He's very fast and has a huge arm. I know that doesn't always translate to being a good QB in college, but from all I've seen and heard he's my main want at QB.

VN Store

Back