'17 AL DE LaBryan Ray

Worst NSD ever. No, I don't mean talent-wise, just no excitement, no surprises, at all. Just plain boring and we may have fallen out of the top 20, to beat it all

Reactions: 4 people
Worst NSD ever. No, I don't mean talent-wise, just no excitement, no surprises, at all. Just plain boring and we may have fallen out of the top 20, to beat it all

That's true. Regret getting up early. Really expected a surprise or too like Williams last year. Nothing happened at all

Sh** end to both the regular season and the recruiting one as well. Butch cannot close Sad

Reactions: 2 people

Oh how quickly we forget the dooley years. Don't be so dramatic. It wasn't the class we all hoped for and probably should have gotten but it isn't the worst ever by any stretch of the imagination. We got some very good football players that will come in with some new coaches and be ready to learn and get better every day. We get a brand new season starting on September 4 unless y'all have decided to forfeit all the games already because Butch is still our coach and we couldn't possibly improve. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. If you find yourself getting too emotionally involved, it may be time to take a break and hug your kids and take a bike ride. No worries. Nothing happening until Spring Ball anyway. Take a lap. Football will be here when you get back.

P.S. Dog this was not directed at you alone. Many on here seem to be taking this recruiting class personally, like Butch set out to kick their dog and mission accomplished in their eyes. We can b**** and moan all we want but these are the kids that chose to come play on team 121. Now it is our job to get behind them and root for them. IMO this includes Butch too, even though some will disagree with that.

Go Vols!!! Lots of love to my VN Fam!

Reactions: 3 people
Sh** end to both the regular season and the recruiting one as well. Butch cannot close Sad

So... This year negates the past couple of years when he closed big. SMH. Some of y'all are some fair weather fans I tell you that. I'm glad some of y'all aren't my parents. Get all A's and B's for years straight and then come home with a couple of C's and you're ready to kick me out of the house.

only the extremely delusional.. don't think there were many

Don't get it twisted though, I really wanted Ray at UT, but you're not going to pull the number 1 player from the state of Alabama after going 9-4. That's why it truly irks me to hear Butch say things like, "Your football program has won 17 of the last 21 games" and crap like that.

Elite talent doesn't care about winning 17 out of 21, they want to compete for championships and to get put into the NFL. Nothing more and nothing less.

So... This year negates the past couple of years when he closed big. SMH. Some of y'all are some fair weather fans I tell you that. I'm glad some of y'all aren't my parents. Get all A's and B's for years straight and then come home with a couple of C's and you're ready to kick me out of the house.

Fair weather? Anyone who is still a fan is hardly a "fair weather fan"

Deep down did anyone really think we were getting him? It was never happening.

I did.

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

Got to have high expectations and goals otherwise you lose both on the field and off

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back