17.5 pt dog

I would much rather have established and experienced players especially at critical positions and rotate younger players in.

That builds for the future a lot better than just throwing true freshmen out there hoping that getting dominated will cumulate into success down the road.

Man, that sounds good... wait, who are our established players again?:ermm:

Think we at least cover the spread. Might even put a scare in em. Muschamp not that great IMO.

Its no secret they are better than we are but 17.5-18pt dogs seems a little high. I was thinking anywhere from 10-14.

Don't know about yall.. but I think I hate muschamp more than spurrier

No way. Not me anyway. I actually laugh at how silly Muschamp looks on the sidelines jumping up and down screaming. Spurrier got people to laugh at us. Spuck Furrier.

It's been said that any team can beat any other team on any given Saturday. I hope this Saturday is our "given Saturday". We haven't had a "given Saturday" in a long time now.

We've had given Saturdays all right..... Wyoming 2008 and Kentucky 2011 to name a few

Gator, just curious if you also post on the boards of other SEC teams?

Edit: Gators to win by 21 after we make Driskell look like an All-American and the defense look like even better
If that happens we ll be lucky if its 31.

Go back and watch the Oregon game again and tell me that 17.5 points is too many.

UF had the week off to work on things and get healthy. The game is in the swamp. We have not beaten UF since Phil, and not often with him. Their D-line will totally neutralize any perceived advantage of our O-line, which only proved they could not get it done against Oregon's 3 d-linemen, or even in the first half against WKU. We don't know who our QB will be. We don't know who our receivers will be and the ones we put in run the wrong routes or drop the ball half the time. We start the wrong RB. Our D gave up 8 TD's in a row, so obviously the coaches and players cannot make adjustments. Our DT's are thinner than a high school team. Big Mac plays like he's resting half the time. So many show ponies on D.

Keeping it real I am surprised it is not 24-25 points. But if all of sudden this group decides they want to represent UT and its fans with guts and pride, they could pull an upset.

Not the best Florida team in a while.. Once again Tennessee is not in the position to take advantage of it.. I'd take Florida and those points..

21 to 3 and they cover, I can see that. UF put up 417 yards on good Miami d on the road. We have walk ons starting on D. UF has one of the top D in the nation. Held the U to 217 total yards. Ill be rooting but just like last week, it might take a miracle

Vegas is being very conservative with the -17.5pts. I'm guessing a 24-30pt difference. Florida has had an extra week to prepare and will look like a top 10 team come Saturday. The Talent and depth differential between UT and Florida is Huge, don't kid yourself.

Last edited:
Vega is being very conservative with the -17.5pts. I'm guessing a 24-30pt difference. Florida has had an extra week to prepare and will look like a top 10 team come Saturday. The Talent and depth differential between UT and Florida is Huge, don't kid yourself.

It's nice to see an honest assessment with a realistic approach towards this game.

Tennessee may be competitive longer in this game than they were against Oregon, but don't expect a close game going well into the 2nd half. Too many advantages in Florida's corner at this point between both programs.

If by some chance Tennessee is still in the game, it's due to Florida's miscues and mistakes throughout the entire game.

As soon as line comes out on my site I'm prob laying FLA. They had a bye, we went to Oregon. Worley is terrible and Peterman is worse.

Dont see a big difference in 14.5 or 17.5 I could easily see UF by 24+. Don't think we score much.

Reactions: 1 person
Vegas usually is right on but I just don't see Florida being that much better than us. ..driskell did abuse our d last year but.... ... I'd take that bet tho

I don't agree. When we have what is approaching a ten year losing streak against them, I believe we could lose to them in any form or fashion.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

For the first time in 20 years I'm not watching this game. I need a break from the suffering chances are our Vols will win since I'm won't be watching.

VN Store

Back