'16 VA ATH Levonta Taylor

We need to get the Vol pipeline cemented to Ocean Lakes. A lot of talent goes through there. Of course going back to J-Hunt, but we need our current staff to mark their mark there...

Hopefully we have Lewis here to try and help with Taylor but Clemson has a very good chance to land his other Ocean Lakes teammate, Jahvoni Simmons.

Anyone know how much legit interest we have in '15 DB Jahque Alleyne from OL also? Don't think he has any major offers as of now but heard that UT and UF are showing some interest.

Good day at the DC NFTC camp.

The NFTC featured a good crop of 2016 prospects, including talented cornerback Levonta Taylor. The Virginia Beach Ocean Lakes rising junior attended the Charlotte NFTC earlier in the spring and performed well at that event. He competed here this weekend and had another strong outing. A quick and explosive corner, he took home the defensive back MVP with his performance.

"It was cool. I did good in drills and then in one-on-ones I went against Calvin Ridely and got an interception on him," Taylor said. "I showed that I can go against the best of the best and it shows I can compete against anyone else."

"Willie Martinez tells me he loves me and that he wants me. I can tell he wants me to be here very much and I talked to the defensive coordinator and coach Butch (Jones)," Taylro said. "He really wants me here and he said I remind him of Tim Jennings of the Bears. Most coaches won't put in the time to talk to you but that shows you he really cares for his players."

"I feel like I'm at home and that's a big deal," Taylor said. "I've seen a lot of places and sometimes it's not like that."

"My talk with the coaches made me feel like I'm a player that they need and they want for their defense to help them win championships and they said I could start as a true freshman," he said.

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
Four-star rising junior athlete Levonta Taylor of Ocean Lakes High School in Virginia Beach, Va., is ranked the nation's No. 44 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite for the 2016 class.
He’s already planning to make the trip again.
The top-100 rising junior athlete from Ocean Lakes High School in Virginia Beach, Va., said he enjoyed his visit to Tennessee on Monday and was “impressed” by everything the Vols had to offer, and he’s “going to try to go there for a game” later this year.
“It was a place I wanted to visit,” said Taylor, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 44 overall prospect and No. 3 cornerback in the 247Sports Composite for the 2015 class. “My teammates that had been there before, and my coaches, they said it was a really nice place, so I had wanted to go there.
“I liked my visit. It was cool. They showed me the facilities that they’re building and (talked about) how they’re going to Nike next year, and I got to talk to Coach Butch (Jones) and (defensive backs) coach (Willie) Martinez.”
The 5-foot-11, 174-pound Taylor said he was pleasantly surprised by “the facilities and how they have everything organized” at Tennessee, and the Vols’ campus and facilities made a big impression on him.
“When I went in the stadium, I just looked up,” he said. “Everything is on top of you.”

GoVols247

Says he is 2015 recruit. I guess that was a typo?

Reactions: 1 person
New 2016 5-stars released...

Several Tennessee targets on the list including Rahshaun 'Shaq' Smith and Levonta Taylor, both of whom were on campus this summer.

Tennessee are real players for both right now.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
"I'm taking Virginia pretty seriously but at the same time I have some other options too," Taylor said. "I talk to Michigan State, Ohio State, Miami and Tennessee."
-Rivals.

We are sitting pretty good with him. This kid is a shut down corner. If he puts on 2-3 more inches in height, and still keeps his quickness and speed, he will be the top pure corner prospect in the class.

Visiting for the Bama game

200_s.gif

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back