'16 TX OT Kellen Deisch

lebvol:
attachment.php

fify :)

Reactions: 16 people
Really hope we can sway this kid. He's got all the tools, weight isnt even an issue after a year or 2 of college S&C.

After this year the center spot will really be a battle. We will have Thomas, Raulerson, Weisman?, and potentially Stewart.
Yep that was my point. I said Stewart will be a future C, not he will be the starting C. Or anything about who will start.

Hey Butchna,
Have you been to that new barbecue place in Grapevine? It is really good.even by Memphis standards. It is there on northwest highway in Grapevine. It is called: "Meat you anywhere" corny name but really good barbecue

dang Ill be checking that out! IS it better than red hot and blue which I gotta say aint that bad.

Hey Butchna,
Have you been to that new barbecue place in Grapevine? It is really good.even by Memphis standards. It is there on northwest highway in Grapevine. It is called: "Meat you anywhere" corny name but really good barbecue

Last BBQ place I tried was Hard 8 which is near Grapevine Mills...real good but the sauce is a little vinegary...I'll definitely check out your new place Doc.

We have another spot open for a Texas system player? Must be the thing to do lately.

:eek:lol:

Always MAKE room for a Texas system player buddy...what they lack in athletic ability is more than made up for in the coaching up provided by Lone Star State football professors. :wink2:

Reactions: 2 people
Always MAKE room for a Texas system player buddy...what they lack in athletic ability is more than made up for in the coaching up provided by Lone Star State football professors. :wink2:

No joke, bro - need him and/or Kraeling - or guys like them. It's time to rid ourselves of the "who is going to play LT this season" question for good. Signing guys like this makes that happen. Get them into the S&C and after a couple of seasons plug them in as spots open. OT play is critical in this O. They are out on an island on every play, not just passes. To have the TE do what he is designed to do in this O requires really good OT's. Keeping TE's in to help takes away from the playbook and their efficiency.

No joke, bro - need him and/or Kraeling - or guys like them. It's time to rid ourselves of the "who is going to play LT this season" question for good. Signing guys like this makes that happen. Get them into the S&C and after a couple of seasons plug them in as spots open. OT play is critical in this O. They are out on an island on every play, not just passes. To have the TE do what he is designed to do in this O requires really good OT's. Keeping TE's in to help takes away from the playbook and their efficiency.

You think this "geezer" we hired knows how to develop OL and TEs and incorporate them into an offense? Other than coaching those units in college and the pros?

I didn't really like the red hot and blue in plano. Good to see some fellow Texans on here :)

Try 3 Stacks Smoke and Taphouse in Frisco...repeat customer there...have to split a plate...lot of food! Awesome onion rings!

Will definitely try it! The fiancé hates bbq but I'll have to make a trip.

They have other fare ...my daughter loves the brisket tacos. If you drink they have an excellent beer selection and their mixed drinks are awesome.

You think this "geezer" we hired knows how to develop OL and TEs and incorporate them into an offense? Other than coaching those units in college and the pros?

I would say this geezer has forgotten more about those subjects than most of the guys being paid to coach them in the SEC even know - except he probably has. lol. I ought to know since we are about the same age. :)

Nah - stuff like that doesn't change much. A wrinkle here or there. The techniques are the techniques. Blocking schemes adjust from time to time in response to defensive scheme changes, rules changes, etc. But it's still just football and that dude knows line play.

My point about him has never been age or competency at what he has done. We should all hope to achieve what he has at what we do. It's been about claiming to be an experienced QB coach and possibly making meaningful modifications to the offense that may be needed by being exposed to different, current systems. May not be necessary, but when you hit elite levels as a program sometimes it is to grab the ring. I remain hopeful.

VN Store

Back