'16 TX OT Kellen Deisch

Good question. This kid intrigues me. I think maybe you wait until you have a better idea of what Matthews is going to do first. But then again, if this kid camps really well and impresses I would have no problem taking him.

If the coaches take this kids commitment, IMO it points to them knowing Matthews is really leaning to A&M. Obviously I'd prefer the instate guy, but Kellen looks like an athletic project that could really develop long term.

Reactions: 1 person
What kind of connection is there to TN? Did his family used to live in TN, or did they go to school here? Just curious

This is silly talk...were not only taking 1 on the O-line in 2016?

I agree. I have us taking 3. Ryan Johnson is committed at OT already. Imo, 1 more OT and 1 OG seems about right. If the staff can flip Jackson from UK IMO they take an OT and Jackson at OG/C to go along with Johnson for 2016.

Lord Byron Nelson made it his backyard... his groupies didn't age well I guess. :)

Ben Hogan designed the one of the golf courses at Trophy Club.

Byron Nelson design the golf course at Timarron

But as to your point maybe the grand daughters of his groupies might be hot the daughters may best be Milfs :)

Ben Hogan designed the one of the golf courses at Trophy Club.

Byron Nelson design the golf course at Timarron

But as to your point maybe the grand daughters of his groupies might be hot the daughters may best be Milfs :)

Byron lived there tho...got a street and a video store named after him. :)

Ok, straight up question. Do they take this kid with Matthews still on the board?

I think Butch has shown he is willing to take the bird in the hand. If, at some later point, he is able to catch the 2 in the bush, he'll drop the one in the hand if need be in order to do so. I don't necessarily like that approach, but I no longer doubt it.

I think Butch has shown he is willing to take the bird in the hand. If, at some later point, he is able to catch the 2 in the bush, he'll drop the one in the hand if need be in order to do so. I don't necessarily like that approach, but I no longer doubt it.

He has shown he will do it I agree. He did do it much less than I think some fans would have liked this past class. Other than Ford, the rest stuck even if it was a BS offer. I just hope those BS offers prove to have some substance to them when it's time to pay up.

I see CBJ taking 4 OL each year from now on. By adding 5 in the 2015 class and moving Robertson and Mosley to OL in 2014, we are now out of catch-up mode. The 2016 signees will all hopefully RS like all the top programs do. Wouldn't be surprised if CBJ goes after this guy. Great frame to build around.

Is Matthews taking the wait and see approach with Greg Little on the board for A&M still? It's hard to imagine Sumlin not taking two highly rated prospects at OT if given the opportunity

We passed on Allen when we had him, so it wouldn't be that surprising. A&M has good OT depth already.

I agree. I have us taking 3.

And you were predicting 16 total in the 2015 class.

If you're paying attention, CBJ's style is to advise the guys who are not making progress enough by the end of their RS soph season to move on elsewhere. CBJ will take close to 25 every class including 4-5 OL and then let the players compete. The best will rise to the top and the others will find new schools. Nothing unique about this either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
And you were predicting 16 in the 2015 class.

If you're paying attention, CBJ's style is to advise the guys who are not making progress enough by the end of their RS soph season to move on elsewhere. CBJ take close to 25 every class including 4-5 OL and then let the players compete. The best will rise to the top and the others will find new schools. Nothing unique about this either.

Lebvol:
images

Reactions: 13 people
We passed on Allen when we had him, so it wouldn't be that surprising. A&M has good OT depth already.

But Matthews and Allen have connections to TAMU.. yes Richmond had one to UT with it being instate but Allen had no connection at all.. So Sumlin could potentially have it easier with landing both as oppose to what we had to establish more so with Allen

VN Store

Back