'16 Turkey C Omer Yurtseven

A front line of Yurtseven and a senior Grant Williams? That would be nice.

Would not be surprised if he just signed a deal overseas.

Reactions: 1 person
He’s projected as a late first rounder right now, which likely means 2nd round after more international guys jump in...so does he go now and bet on himself he can make a team and big 2nd contract. Or does he wait at least 2 more years and bet on himself that he can improve his stock to a lottery pick?

He would sit out this upcoming year and then replace Kyle as our starting 5, so you can definitely sell him on that, but my guess is turning pro is what he’s hoping for.

I understand turning pro. But what’s the deal with the transfer part? Why would he want to transfer if he doesn’t go pro?

My guess is he wants to turn pro, but asked for a received his release, this at least alllws him to talk with schools and see what they’ve got to say...gives him some options that way.

My guess is he wants to turn pro, but asked for a received his release, this at least alllws him to talk with schools and see what they’ve got to say...gives him some options that way.

Imo asking for his release could be a red flag and Hurt his draft status

It's hard to blame guys for transferring when they aren't playing but a guy like him it makes me think he might have issues in a lockeroom and or with coaches.

Transferring makes zero sense to me

He committed to NC State under the previous staff, seems plausible to me it’s a different style of play etc that he didn’t sign up for?

He’s a 7 footer that could come in and give us 28mpg 15ppg 10rpg 3bpg, while shooting 60%fg...anyone that wouldn’t want that on this team hasn’t paid attention.

Reactions: 1 person
He’s projected as a late first rounder right now, which likely means 2nd round after more international guys jump in...so does he go now and bet on himself he can make a team and big 2nd contract. Or does he wait at least 2 more years and bet on himself that he can improve his stock to a lottery pick?

He would sit out this upcoming year and then replace Kyle as our starting 5, so you can definitely sell him on that, but my guess is turning pro is what he’s hoping for.

Agree. How many 5th years seniors get drafted in the first round? If he wants the nba he needs to go now imo.

VN Store

Back