'16 Turkey C Omer Yurtseven

Myself included, let's please stop feeding this troll.

You're probably right. Curious that he responds to the combative posters, but ignores or only gives unrelated, token response to genuine discussion. A sign of a weak argument IMO.

You're probably right. Curious that he responds to the combative posters, but ignores or only gives unrelated, token response to genuine discussion. A sign of a weak argument IMO.

Exactly. He'll throw in just enough positive during the season to seem like he could actually be a Tennessee fan, frustrated about the series of events(namely DT being gone and RB being here). But my mind was made up when he couldnt even answer your 2nd question this morning.

It's odd how SeniorDrill slams Barnes for only signing the 3-stars (that will be in the program for 4 or 5 years) yet believes that Brandon Lopez was going to carry TN to NCAAT glory.

Reactions: 1 person
It's odd how SeniorDrill slams Barnes for only signing the 3-stars (that will be in the program for 4 or 5 years) yet believes that Brandon Lopez was going to carry TN to NCAAT glory.

That's what happens when you watch games on a short bus headrest TV.

Dane Bradshaw, chris Lofton, Josh tabb, Brian williams, bobby maze, melvin goins, Josh Richardson, Armani Moore, kevin Punter and devon bulkman all 3 stars or lower and had big careers in the bright orange and that's not including the walk ons

Josh Tabb did nothing then transferred. He seemed like a good guy though so at time I hated that he gave up so easily.

Had it not been for Adam Howard, Barnes would not have been coaching in 2016 and Donnie would have taken us to the NCAAs and maybe even have won them. Just think how great it would be to have a coach that can recruit as well as coach. Different than having a gym teacher...that's for sure!

Wouldn't it be great to have a coach that could coach like coach? Now that would be a fine coach.

Lou Carnesecca, Guy Lewis, Gene Keady, Dale Brown, Lefty Dreisel... all are HOFers without Nattys.

Putting all of these guys in the same club with John Wooden, Dean Smith, Coach K, Adolph Rupp is absurd and belittles the term "Hall of Fame", imo. Rick Barnes in no way has done anything as a head coach that indicates excellence, which is what the HOF should be known for!

Last edited:
Putting all of these guys in the same club with John Wooden, Dean Smith, Coach K, Adolph Rupp is absurd and belittles the term "Hall of Fame", imo. Rick Barnes in no way has done anything as a head coach that indicates excellence, which is what the HOF should be known for!

Oh please! Next you're going to tell me that this is the first time Rick Barnes has taken over a power conference program(George Mason doesn't count) and not followed a coach that has won at least 600 career wins..... Oh it is. Barnes has followed Rick Pitino, Cliff Ellis and Tom Penders.

Well they are and he will be. Sorry that that's a bummer for you.

I don't care if he makes the hof...I just don't see what the big deal is. The hof is a joke when they accept those who are not very famous!

Yet it (the HOF) was the very same qualifier you presented yourself to make your argument...

Can you name a HOF coach of recent vintage(last 30 years) who has not won a single national championship.

So, when you felt it would strengthen your position, it mattered. That blew up in your face, and so now the HOF is a joke.

Seems legit.

Reactions: 2 people
Yurtseven still hasn't been cleared by the NCAA, if he's ruled ineligible have to think getting Evans instead probably worked in our favor as I would imagine Yurtseven will declare for the draft after this season regardless.

I'm sure you would have said the same thing if he didn't get cleared but was on our roster...

I didnt ***** about the Turner deal. with this guy, you instantly become a tourney candidate. The transfer? UH no. A one year stop gap versus a season changing post? Please. You Barnes boot lickers need help.

Barnes has been here one freakin year. He doesn't even have the boots pulled all the way on yet. Let a few years go by and if his feet stink then it's time for change. But, geez, get real.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back