'16 TN WR/DB Rontavius Groves

Agree, except that Malone was better receiver coming out of high school than Van. JMO you can also make a case for Bowles being better than Van.

Don't really understand the hype around van other than his father is a coach in the NFL.

Van was and will forever be better than Bowles. Bowles played small private school ball and was extremely over hyped. When it comes down to Van and Malone the difference is Van is more day 1 ready due to better preparation. Van has had a lifetime of NFL training and film study which allows him to understand the concepts of the game way better than most high school kids. Stop looking through orange tinted glass and keep it real my friend. Now i do think Josh has the hand up maybe when it comes to athleticism.

Penn State offered. Cool pic.

User Actions
Follow

Woody Wommack
‏@RivalsWoody
Penn State is the latest offer for 4-star Nashville (Tenn.) ATH Rontavius Groves http://rvls.co/1w99CFi

CAJ9kR_WYAAxVJn.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Expected to compete at the Rivals Challenge in Atlanta this weekend with Joejaun Williams. And he will be on campus this weekend as well, per VQ.

Reactions: 3 people
From the volquest practice report:

Tennessee hosted an impressive group of visitors, and it started with a trio of instate 4-star players.

Nashville linebacker Daniel Bituli was on campus today, as well as Brentwood offensive lineman Bryce Mathews.

Ronatavius Groves was a visitor today as well and the Vols seem to have some nice momentum there. They continue to be in good shape with Bituli and Mathews as well.

John Brice and Paul Fortenberry
VolQuest.com Staff

Reactions: 7 people
From the volquest practice report:

Tennessee hosted an impressive group of visitors, and it started with a trio of instate 4-star players.

Nashville linebacker Daniel Bituli was on campus today, as well as Brentwood offensive lineman Bryce Mathews.

Ronatavius Groves was a visitor today as well and the Vols seem to have some nice momentum there. They continue to be in good shape with Bituli and Mathews as well.

John Brice and Paul Fortenberry
VolQuest.com Staff

Wait we lead for Matthews?

You don't see many WRs even in high school with better numbers than Groves' last year: 48 catches for 1,223 yards (25.5 avg) & 19 TDs.

His QB at Pearl-Cohn (Jimmy Ferrell) will also be back this fall, and I think he's criminally underrated (116-170 for 2,482 yards, 33 TDs, 5 INTs, 400+ yards rushing in '14).

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not gonna say bUTch gets what bUTch wants but after checking his stats I'd say it's pretty damn close.

Every player that Butch takes is because he wants that player. IF Butch doesn't get someone, it's not because he got out recruited, it's because he didn't want that player.

I also don't think Hardman or Groves would be limited to slot. Watch that clip of Groves from the camp. Boy can boogie. He can play the outside as well as Mecole

Last edited:

Fastest

The four-star athlete has more than anecdotal evidence to back up his claim as the fastest player as he spent the large part of late last week helping his school to a state track and field championship. Despite running in four events at the state meet, Groves showed no ill effects as he blew by opposing defensive backs to get open time after time. Groves has shifted his focus to offense full-time and appears to have found his permanent home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Rontavius Groves
‏@almighty_toe
Georgia has offered Blessed and Honored!! #BULLDAWGS

VN Store

Back