'16 TN WR/DB Rontavius Groves

Rontavius Groves is one of the footballiest football names I've heard in a while. Not quite up there with Johnny Frazier but he must be good with a name like that.

~Playmakers Academy Top Perfomers

As a junior, Rontavius Groves showed off big play ability on both offense in Pearl-Cohn’s high powered offense. On Sunday though, Groves proved that he’s more than just a straight line guy. Groves is small and slender but has extremely natural ball skills, quick feet at the line and he’s quickly developing a feel for the route-running side of the wide receiver position.

Good news.

Lots of good slot WR options this cycle. Kid looks great on film. Top 10 instate talent. Maybe he gets the green light to be a Vol.

Lots of good slot WR options this cycle. Kid looks great on film. Top 10 instate talent. Maybe he gets the green light to be a Vol.

Under rated IMO. He's a top 3 player in-state on either side of the ball. Better than Williams at corner, and potentially the best WR since Malone. JMO.

Reactions: 1 person
Pearl-Cohn is a school TN has opportunity to get few good players. They were loaded in the 90s

Pearl-Cohn is a school TN has opportunity to get few good players. They were loaded in the 90s

Yup. My Dragons played them at state one year in basketball and I knew John Henderson played post and was heading to UT, but they also has a nice SG named Ron Slay who tore us up. Chons athletes were unreal.

Under rated IMO. He's a top 3 player in-state on either side of the ball. Better than Williams at corner, and potentially the best WR since Malone. JMO.

Toe as he's called is an extremely gifted athlete. Joejuan is a natural safety not cb. As far as wr Van was best in the state last yr. The thing is PC OC Woods has sought out Chris Sanders to personally coach him up at wr and on Sunday you could see this he looked very smooth as Sanders was present and giving him tips.

Last edited:
Toe as he's called is an extremely gifted. Joejuan is a natural safety not cb. As far as wr Van was best in the state last yr. The thing is PC coaches hv sought out Chris Sanders to personally coach him up at wr and on Sunday you could see this he looked very smooth

Agree, except that Malone was better receiver coming out of high school than Van. JMO you can also make a case for Bowles being better than Van.

Don't really understand the hype around van other than his father is a coach in the NFL.

Toe as he's called is an extremely gifted. Joejuan is a natural safety not cb. As far as wr Van was best in the state last yr. The thing is PC coaches hv sought out Chris Sanders to personally coach him up at wr and on Sunday you could see this he looked very smooth

Yeah, Williams is listed as CB but he looks like a safety all the way. I haven't seen a better instate CB or WR than Groves in this class so far. He already looks better than Van and CJ. First step, separation, ball skills...

I expect to see him climb up the rankings over the next 11 months.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back