'16 PF NC Grant Williams (UT commit 11/13/15)

Where have you watched him, I don't mean that as blunt as it sounds, just curious if you're located near his high school and are familiar with him or were just referencing not a couple YouTube videos?

I've seen video of him. What I see in Williams is a player way further along in his development than Ado. I've seen Ado play several times and to be honest he isn't very good, he is very raw.... But he has all the stuff that you can't coach. So to me the fact that Williams had 25pts on him doesn't mean much. My junior year of high school I played against a guy who was the 17th pick in the NBA draft. We guarded each other the whole game. I had 29 pts and 10 Rebs on him. Point is I was just further along in my development than he was. He had all the physical tools though that can't be coached. He had a much better college career than me and he was in the nba for several years.

I don't dislike Williams. I just think if he's 6'5" he will struggle in the SEC.

I've been saying this. Williams can play. He has schooled a bunch of high ranked guys. I would take him over Fulkerson to be honest.

I've been saying this. Williams can play. He has schooled a bunch of high ranked guys. I would take him over Fulkerson to be honest.
This.. And the articles people have posted (the last page or so) it seems pretty clear Williams is closer to 6'7 than 6'5.

IMHO 6'7" is the cut off for a post player. Stokes was 6'7 and he was very effective but also 270lbs and a bit of an athletic freak.

Not uncommon for 6'3 thru 6'5 post players to outplay taller guys in high school. These are 6'9 17 year olds who will be completely different animals after they add some strength and get college level coaching.

This.. And the articles people have posted (the last page or so) it seems pretty clear Williams is closer to 6'7 than 6'5.

He also played AAU on the same team with Giles and Alterique Gilbert and put up good numbers. He was second to Giles in rebounding. He has played with and against the best and played well.

IMHO 6'7" is the cut off for a post player. Stokes was 6'7 and he was very effective but also 270lbs and a bit of an athletic freak.

Not uncommon for 6'3 thru 6'5 post players to outplay taller guys in high school. These are 6'9 17 year olds who will be completely different animals after they add some strength and get college level coaching.
So you can name some 6'3"-6'5" post players who played EYBL this season and had a high level of success?

Then why has No one noticed besides RB?

How many HM coaches noticed Steph Curry of Damian Lillard?

I'm not by any means suggesting he becomes that, but I'm saying just maybe the kid can play? He played in the best AAU league possible, so competition isn't an issue, also plays in one of the best divisions in NC, so again competition isn't the reason he puts up big numbers.

He's undersized and not flashy, if the guys was 6'9" I truly believe he's ranked in the top 100, and likely has a host of offers, but coaches immediately turn their heads on a post player who's 6'6"/6'7".

How many HM coaches noticed Steph Curry of Damian Lillard?

I'm not by any means suggesting he becomes that, but I'm saying just maybe the kid can play? He played in the best AAU league possible, so competition isn't an issue, also plays in one of the best divisions in NC, so again competition isn't the reason he puts up big numbers.

He's undersized and not flashy, if the guys was 6'9" I truly believe he's ranked in the top 100, and likely has a host of offers, but coaches immediately turn their heads on a post player who's 6'6"/6'7".

Thought that wasn't the rule? Just saying, you can't have it both ways. Not to start an arguement.

Reactions: 1 person
Thought that wasn't the rule? Just saying, you can't have it both ways. Not to start an arguement.

I never said anything was a rule, I've question your remarks about Fulkerson, and backed it up with rankings and stats to support my opinion, but I've never said there are zero low ranked guys who work out, there is every single season. However, percentages say you can't take a class of these kinds of players, I've been ok with Williams since Tennessee offered him if you recall, I like his game just like you like Ado's

VN Store

Back