'16 NJ QB Jarrett Guarantano (Vols commit 4/15/2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be great when we're able to play three QB's in a game and not because of injury.

I've always wondered if, with the proliferation of zone read schemes, two QB systems aren't the next logical step. We're way past the days of feature RBs getting 30 carries. Why not give the QB a play off after a long run?

Reactions: 2 people
I love Dobbs as our QB, but you guys are wearing orange tinted sunglasses. I can see Dobbs getting drafted, but no team is going to spend an early pick on a QB who can't hit a deep pass down the sideline.

Dobbs' greatest asset is his ability to run. And he's not going to be able to run nearly as well in the NFL as he does in CFB.

Never say no team. Tebow was a first rounder and Dobbs has a better arm than him. All it takes is one GM to fall in love with his potential and he's a first rounder.

I love Dobbs as our QB, but you guys are wearing orange tinted sunglasses. I can see Dobbs getting drafted, but no team is going to spend an early pick on a QB who can't hit a deep pass down the sideline.

Dobbs' greatest asset is his ability to run. And he's not going to be able to run nearly as well in the NFL as he does in CFB.

They have their own unique pair. The rest of us shipped ours in after the recall. :wink2:

Don't lump us in with them. :hi:

I've always wondered if, with the proliferation of zone read schemes, two QB systems aren't the next logical step. We're way past the days of feature RBs getting 30 carries. Why not give the QB a play off after a long run?

Those don't work...QBs need a rhythm and the first team that tries to implement this idea FULL TIME won't be able to recruit one worth a crap.

Reactions: 1 person
I get that and not arguing it but Condredge was electric in a different era that wasn't as wide open offensively. Just throwing his name out there. Tony Robinson was pretty electric too.

Heath Shuler displayed some dual threat skills when needed...his game against GA was one of the all time exciting QB performances IMHO.

Heath Shuler displayed some dual threat skills when needed...his game against GA was one of the all time exciting QB performances IMHO.

Exactly!!! Didn't Shular hold the SEC record for rushing TDs by a QB at one point? I'm sure Tebow or Newton own it now

Moved from 97th overall to 81st on 247 composite

3o85xpFLKUlOyzhklO.gif

Good excuse for a new GIF.

I love Dobbs but I would take Tony Robinson over him.

Dude had an accurate cannon arm and he could run like...well almost as well as Dobbs.

Tony Robinson with the current S&C and nutrition staffs would have been phenomenal. He was very lanky and in a time when QBs and pitchers didn't really lift because it might destroy their mechanics and flexibility. Man were they so very wrong...:hi:

Dude, I watched Tone Robinson play numerous games. He could throw a ball like nobody I've ever seen. But he was not a running QB. Coach Majors said he ran like a crane, which was not a bad analogy.

Tony Robinson with the current S&C and nutrition staffs would have been phenomenal. He was very lanky and in a time when QBs and pitchers didn't really lift because it might destroy their mechanics and flexibility. Man were they so very wrong...:hi:

It has changed alot since then, when I was at UT Coach Pauletto's routine was Bench, squat, sled thrust - wash rinse and repeat. What you would expect from a career shot-put guy. Then let Coach Kirk run your ass off.

I'm looking forward to seeing JG coming to rocky top but he's got his work cut out for him. The two qbs ahead of him are pretty good. There's been a few times I wanted to see QD on the field when dobbs was struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back