'16 NC QB Austin Kendall (former UT commit)

How many times did Aaron Murray beat us? Not tryin to be a smartass.....but it is what it is.

2-14 record against ranked teams or thereabouts... and if you can find anyone bragging about beating TN the last four years you can bet their definition of accomplishment is a standard which is lower than low

Austin Kendall visited Tennessee on Saturday to attend its junior day, returning to Knoxville for the first time since he received his first SEC scholarship offer from the Vols in November.

Sophomore quarterback Austin Kendall of Charlotte (N.C.) Christian School has received a half-dozen scholarship offers, including his latest offer Wednesday from Clemson.
But he’s already plenty familiar with them.
The sophomore quarterback from Charlotte (N.C.) Christian School made the trip to Tennessee last weekend for the fourth time in the past eight months, and he said the visit turned out to be “more in-depth” than his previous experiences with the Vols.
“(It was) a little bit different, just to be able to see all of the academic side and other stuff I didn’t get to see (before),” said Kendall, who is expected to be one of the nation’s top quarterbacks in the 2016 class and now claims a half-dozen offers after picking up his latest offer Wednesday from Clemson.
“When I came for the summer, I was with Coach Jake (offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian) and I was able to see most of the stuff. But it was just more in-depth of what the school is like and everything else.”
The 6-foot-2, 205-pound Kendall — who also holds offers from N.C. State, West Virginia, Wake Forest and Charlotte — said he enjoyed “being able to spend time with the coaches” at Tennessee, including Bajakian, head coach Butch Jones, assistant coach Mark Elder and new offensive graduate assistant Nick Sheridan.
“Coach Jones brought me up to his office, and I had a good talk with him just about the future,” Kendall said.
“(They said to) just keep building a relationship, just keep coming down, keep seeing them, definitely get more of a feel of what they’re about and just keep coming back.”
Kendall previously had been to Tennessee in July for one of its camps and for the Vols’ home games against Georgia and Auburn last season. He said he continues visiting them because of “just the love that they show me,” and he’s excited about “the relationship I’ve established with their staff.”
“It just gave me a big interest in them,” he said, “and they’re definitely high up there.”
He said he’s not sure when he will visit Tennessee again, but he’s “definitely going to be coming for a practice” this spring.
Still, he said he hasn’t decided on any early favorites.
“There’s not really (any) standouts,” said Kendall, who’s also drawing interest from Georgia and Auburn, among others. “I like all the schools that have offered me right now. I have schools that haven’t offered me that I like a lot, and we’ll see what happens down the road."

GoVols247

His Dad was a walkon QB at Georgia. Will be visiting there soon with his high school coach.
Really sounds like we are establishing a great relationship with him. Someone commented they thought it would come down to UT and GA.

Reactions: 2 people
From Rivals Charlotte camp...2016 QB Austin Kendall was the best overall QB in attendance and has Vols as his early leader per JC Shurburtt.

Reactions: 4 people
From Rivals Charlotte camp...2016 QB Austin Kendall was the best overall QB in attendance and has Vols as his early leader per JC Shurburtt.

1 reason I do not like the idea of taking (2) QBs in the 2015 class. Don't give this kid a reason to consider others. Hope we can get Austin for 2016.

Reactions: 1 person
1 reason I do not like the idea of taking (2) QBs in the 2015 class. Don't give this kid a reason to consider others. Hope we can get Austin for 2016.

Lot of posters freaked at us not taking ANY in 2014 Leb...think they could handle just one in this class?

Lot of posters freaked at us not taking ANY in 2014 Leb...think they could handle just one in this class?

IMO in 2014 it was more a matter of QBs were not interested in UT more so than the coaches not finding a quality option. When you take 2 elite 11/top caliber kids in 1 class, it sets you up to miss the next year if not 2 years. I would be very happy landing one of Gentry, Gibson, Nunez, and a few others. Long way to go, a lot of things could play out good or bad. You can bet though that the same ones screaming to take 2 this year will be complaining when the coaches can't seem to get one in 2016.

IMO in 2014 it was more a matter of QBs were not interested in UT more so than the coaches not finding a quality option. When you take 2 elite 11/top caliber kids in 1 class, it sets you up to miss the next year if not 2 years. I would be very happy landing one of Gentry, Gibson, Nunez, and a few others. Long way to go, a lot of things could play out good or bad. You can bet though that the same ones screaming to take 2 this year will be complaining when the coaches can't seem to get one in 2016.

So you think when we get Jennings on the 7th, we should stop recruiting QBs?

So you think when we get Jennings on the 7th, we should stop recruiting QBs?

That is the scenario I think could cost us a 2016 QB like Kendall. Ideally I don't think the staff takes Jennings as their QB for this class. IF he commits, I think it clearly points to the coaches planning to take 2. Then I seriously question us getting a top QB in 2016. If they are willing to take just Jennings and hope he develops/adds quality depth, of course Kendall could very well end up a Vol.

You would hope even if they plan to take just Jennings, they would still recruit QBs as they would any position throughout the whole process.

I don't think we should accept 2 bars of chocolate today! We may not even get a candy bar tomorrow!

Reactions: 3 people
"I have been up there maybe five times. I love it," Kendall said. "The coaching staff is great. I love the facilities and the school as well. I'm looking forward to getting back up there and establishing relationships with the coaches."

Kendall was in Knoxville March 1st for junior day and may return to see the Vols before spring practice is over. As his recruitment continues to take off, Kendall is not in any hurry but does have a plan for handling the process.

"It's kind of easy to manage right now because coaches can't call me," Kendall said. "I have to call them. So it's pretty easy to manage it all right now. "I think I'm probably going to cut it to five at the end my junior season heading into the summer before my senior year."

-VQ

VN Store

Back