'16 MI WR Donnie Corley

WR recruiting has been quite the struggle this cycle. Hopefully the staff can get the passing game going and maybe we win a few of these battles next cycle.

Humble, but a little naive in believing that Mich St will play him both ways. He indicated that was a big part of his decision.

He can always transfer to TN, if Dantonio doesn't uphold his promise. I wonder if Dantonio wants to make him a CB strictly?

We might have dodged a bullet here. One of three MSU players charged with sexual assault and suspended indefinitely.

I really wanted Corley. He had a great freshman year too for the Spartans.

Edit: The three players have now been dismissed from the school.

Last edited:
Remind me again how many wrs we have missed on?

All of them

The good ones anyway

Bumps.

I couldn't quote some of the posts that went along with these because.... well the ignore feature is great. However, sometimes it stinks to miss on a recruit and other times, it is a blessing in disguise. Just goes to show that you take the good with the bad. The culture at UT has changed and Butch is bringing in top character type of kids. It may look as if we miss on a kid when in reality the staff might have moved on due to warning signs.

Then again, maybe we just missed. However, we have to trust the folks making the recruiting decisions.

I hope these kids are able to get their lives on track because if they are found guilty, this will follow them the rest of their lives. I also pray for the young lady/ladies involved as well. I hope that they can find healing and continue on with their lives too. Whatever the situation turns out to be, I hope that somebody learns from this incident.

Reactions: 4 people
Bumps.

I couldn't quote some of the posts that went along with these because.... well the ignore feature is great. However, sometimes it stinks to miss on a recruit and other times, it is a blessing in disguise. Just goes to show that you take the good with the bad. The culture at UT has changed and Butch is bringing in top character type of kids. It may look as if we miss on a kid when in reality the staff might have moved on due to warning signs.

Then again, maybe we just missed. However, we have to trust the folks making the recruiting decisions.

I hope these kids are able to get their lives on track because if they are found guilty, this will follow them the rest of their lives. I also pray for the young lady/ladies involved as well. I hope that they can find healing and continue on with their lives too. Whatever the situation turns out to be, I hope that somebody learns from this incident.

I strongly agree as a general principle.

As it pertains to Corley specifically, I definitely don't think we passed. We wanted him and he seemed like a good kid during the recruitment process. I think this may have been a case of just making a poor choice and possibly following the crowd down the wrong path. Based on the charges, another player seems to be deemed the "ringleader", so to speak. That player was charged with 1st and 3rd degree sexual assault while Corley and a third player with charged singularly with 3rd degree assault.

I strongly agree as a general principle.

As it pertains to Corley specifically, I definitely don't think we passed. We wanted him and he seemed like a good kid during the recruitment process. I think this may have been a case of just making a poor choice and possibly following the crowd down the wrong path. Based on the charges, another player seems to be deemed the "ringleader", so to speak. That player was charged with 1st and 3rd degree sexual assault while Corley and a third player with charged singularly with 3rd degree assault.

Well I can certainly understand how a person can get swept along in a situation. One of my biggest mistakes was getting swept along in a situation and not stopping it before it went to far. Fortunately, for me, nobody was truly harmed and nothing criminal resulted but it is often hard to stand up in the middle of a situation and do the right thing. Even if you think you are a person of strong morals and character, you can still fail when the moment is upon you to stand up and stop something that is wrong.

Reactions: 1 person
We might have dodged a bullet here. One of three MSU players charged with sexual assault and suspended indefinitely.

I really wanted Corley. He had a great freshman year too for the Spartans.

Edit: The three players have now been dismissed from the school.

I remember him coming out of HS it being mentioned the best thing for him would have been to get as far out of Michigan as possible. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

VN Store

Back