'16 GA DE Mykelle McDaniel (UT signee 7/23/2016)

Anyone know much on this kid? Hearing he called coaches and committed, also hearing the coaches may not have accepted the commitment at this time.:dunno:

I know a little about him I've seen him a few times at camp imo he's a take I would take this kid over Chidi based on what I've seen from both

So if we take only two DE's, alongside Okonya (who has crazy upside), we're in on McDaniel, Emmitt Gooden, Bryson Young, Jordan Woods, plus potentially Janarius Robinson & Terrell Hall. Do you take the commitment at this time?

Gooden will probably end up a DT, is already 280ish now. At DT we already have Johnson and Christmas-Giles. Not sure how many more we would take, but all the experts thought 2 DTs and 2 DEs.

Gooden will probably end up a DT, is already 280ish now. At DT we already have Johnson and Christmas-Giles. Not sure how many more we would take, but all the experts thought 2 DTs and 2 DEs.

Good points. Not to mention Derrick Brown & Marlon Dunlap.

Butch Freakin' Jones, man.

Good points. Not to mention Derrick Brown & Marlon Dunlap.

Butch Freakin' Jones, man.

Did someone mention that Johnson may end up moving to DE rather than DT? And someone mentioned that McDaniel could continue to grow and move inside. Or am I completely off base?

After watching his film, I see this guy being a DT as well in college

I could see us taking 3 DTs and 3 DEs, in that case McDaniel could be a take as a guy they could use as either, Gooden is a take if he can get in and you take the first one to commit between Robinson and Hall.

I could see us taking 3 DTs and 3 DEs, in that case McDaniel could be a take as a guy they could use as either, Gooden is a take if he can get in and you take the first one to commit between Robinson and Hall.

I'd take Robinson and Hall over Gooden.

Reactions: 1 person
pushing 260 just starting his senior year. Yeh, very possible he ends up a DT and thats fine. I like this kid.

VN Store

Back