'16 FL DE Jordan Woods (Georgia Tech commit)

Fortenberry said tonight part of the reason he didn't commit could be because of the Hart ordeal. Also said GT feels better than they did before the visit.

*edit. Yes he goes to WVU.

It's kind of a shame a kid can say anything they want publicly, but a school can't say a thing.

I think he's got a reasonable concern. I don't think they take Woods and Kongbo. If Woods commits tonight, is he safe if Kongbo wants to commit on the 30th? Probably not.

In the unlikely event we get both, one will not affect the other IMO. They may RS Woods and develop him more like a hybrid T/E. I think Woods is on board with that.

Better not put all our eggs in the Kongbo basket, he just changed his schedule to visit Bama after Butch's in-home. So they have him the week of the 29th, we've seen how that plays out.

In the unlikely event we get both, one will not affect the other IMO. They may RS Woods and develop him more like a hybrid T/E. I think Woods is on board with that.

The op was suggesting their is only 1 scholarship for a DE left

Better not put all our eggs in the Kongbo basket, he just changed his schedule to visit Bama after Butch's in-home. So they have him the week of the 29th, we've seen how that plays out.

IMHO as soon as Kongbo decomitted he was not a viable recruit. Think Jones is wasting his time but hopefully he pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

Reactions: 1 person
IMHO as soon as Kongbo decomitted he was not a viable recruit. Think Jones is wasting his time but hopefully he pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

I think kongbo handled things the right way. I also think we still have a very good shot at getting him. The kid still has love for us and seems to be very level headed. If we dont get him i have no problem taking woods bailey or even taking another posistion. Calloway was a big one for me and now i feel like butch has a very solid plan and we may have a big if not huge finish. Imagine warrior brown dickerson jones kongbo and byrd to close. Lord that would be sweet.

More to do with Kongbo, IMO. These analysts can crunch numbers as well.

Yeah, I wonder if we called up Kongbo and told him that it's now or never, and he chose now. Fits with the timing of some new CBs coming in for Kongbo to TN.

Yeah, I wonder if we called up Kongbo and told him that it's now or never, and he chose now. Fits with the timing of some new CBs coming in for Kongbo to TN.

Could be, or they just feel good for his signature.

I think with tight numbers and good depth at DE, they're focusing on other areas. IMO, Kongbo's a take, but if he goes elsewhere they use that spot for someone like Byrd.

@TheDannyParker: Jordan Woods decides on Georgia Tech. Officially visited Tennessee in the fall. https://t.co/2eFH42awXX

Did this kid have a committable offer as recent as a few weeks ago?

Was reported he had academic concerns with UT. Wasn't sure if it was what he was looking for. Also mentioed by VQ that the Hart situation had him second guessing being a Vol.

Yeah, but it was rumored he didn't like the Hart situation. Also, it seems to be around the time we got back in it with Kongbo.

Thanks.

Intersting to see if this one is just an afterthought when we land the others or a recruit we look back and wish we had handled differently

Was reported he had academic concerns with UT. Wasn't sure if it was what he was looking for. Also mentioed by VQ that the Hart situation had him second guessing being a Vol.

How do you have academic concerns and GT isn't worried? I'd like to see UT's academic standing rise but if we can't get kids in while GT can there's an issue.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back