'16 AZ DE Jonathan Kongbo UT Signee 2/3/16

It's premature to rank/rate this class or any class on signing day. The true impact/ranking/rating will lie in how well the recruits live up to or outpace their rankings and their impact on the field. Things that can not be measured for years.

With that being said, I like the skillsets being brought in.

Reactions: 2 people
This is just like the Jefferson recruitment from last year. Freeze was recruiting his parents and his parents were on the hook to Ole Miss. Jefferson loved Florida and always did. Even after committing you'll remember the very public spat between his sons decision to sign with Florida including the bad mouthing of Florida coaches.

Freeze has the Dad in his pocket and is hoping for a different result than Jefferson's result last year.

Exactly.

Ole Miss is trying to exploit the Cam Newton loophole. Freeze is paying the parents to deliver the kids without the kids knowledge. Good to see Kongbo standing his ground.

I would argue you that this class is very strong. You agree that this class is a C? As far as numbers and meeting our needs I don't see how anyone could say it's a C.

Compared to the last couple of years, yes it's a C. No highschool DT. No DE, although many think Bitulli will grow into that position. It's a middle of the SEC pack class. There's multiple reasons for it and while I'm slightly disappointed I'm excited for what we did get.

Let me put it this way. If we had this type of class for several years in as row, our talent level would drop to any middle pack SEC team. If we're going to be in the hunt for a playoff birth each year and in contention for the east every year, you can't have multiple down years in recruiting.

Reactions: 3 people
OM is like the POS "bad boy" boy friend that your sister kept running back to in HS.

Except it allows HS girls to continue the fantasy and bad decisions in college.

That's my take on "the appeal of OM to hot females."

No. His only connection to Ole Miss is his dad wants then

Agreed. Everyone's parents basically fall in love with Freeze, he basically recruits parents and is really, really, really good at it (especially if they are a religious bunch). He lets the parents sell the program to their kids and it's somehow got him this far, but hopefully doesn't keep Kongbo away from UT. Given he's felt comfortable enough to let him commit to us once, and we've had the longest and most comfortable relationship with him I hope that translates to him choosing the Big Orange, and not the Blackbears or whatever.

No. His only connection to Ole Miss is his dad wants then

How old is Kongbo? 19? 20? Old enough to make his own decision for sure.you should always value the opinion of your parents, but they aren't the ones living there, taking the classes, or playing football.

Agreed. Everyone's parents basically fall in love with Freeze, he basically recruits parents and is really, really, really good at it (especially if they are a religious bunch). He lets the parents sell the program to their kids and it's somehow got him this far, but hopefully doesn't keep Kongbo away from UT. Given he's felt comfortable enough to let him commit to us once, and we've had the longest and most comfortable relationship with him I hope that translates to him choosing the Big Orange, and not the Blackbears or whatever.

I'm hoping Kongbo follows the trend of going where he wants to and not his parents. They didn't want him at Wyoming or the Juco he went to. He went anyway

No, he's paying them.

LOL ok man you keep believing that. Everyone else is paying players just not us. The only thing the ncaa investigation caught them on was stuff with Tunsil which is a slap on the wrist.

I'm a huge tn fan, always have been always will be, but I've seen him recruit my players first hand and even I walk away thinking that he's a very convincing recruiter. On top of that he is one hell of a football coach who knows how to win.

What's up with Ole Miss being chock full of 10s? Where the hell do they come from? Mississippi is dead last in everything in the USA. I know the gene pool in that state isn't exactly the strongest in the country.

as someone who grew up in the great state of Mississippi, you can kiss my a$$. talk about ignorant.... stfu.

Reactions: 4 people
I think it's just cliche for hot girls at this point. Like the 5 hottest girls in my graduating class, as well as the one in front of me all went to ole miss. I don't get it. That town sucks haha.

I don't know if you've checked but it's prolly less expensive to pay out of state tuition at OM than instate tuition at UT - quite a bit less is what I found when my daughter was deciding.

She didn't attend OM, btw.

Very solid B grade for this class, B+ w/ Kongbo. Coming up a little short on DL, particularly from HS ranks, is about the only disappointment. One or two more HS DL would have made this a grade A class IMO.

Hope he's worth it. Like he better be Maggitt-like or this wasn't worth it IMO.

Wish Kongbo, Tuttle, Kmac, and Barnett in the line with him it will be worth it. Teams will be hard pressed to move the ball on is with the pressure these four horsemen could get without blitzing. Shoop will have a field day drawing up blitz schemes as well, as Kongbo is athletic enough to stand up and move around like Barnett.

VN Store

Back