'16 AZ DE Jonathan Kongbo UT Signee 2/3/16

Jonathan Kongbo has set at least two visits.

The defensive end from Arizona Western College (Yuma, Ariz.) told SEC Country he will take an official visit to Tennessee on Nov. 28 for the Vanderbilt game. Kongbo, rated a 4-star prospect by 247Sports.com, also said he plans to take an unofficial visit to Arizona this weekend.

The 6-foot-6, 264-pound defensive end has also been considering an official visit to Auburn. He is scheduled to take that visit on Nov. 21 according to 247Sports.com, but Kongbo did not confirm that to SEC Country.

Kongbo has reported 12 offers, including Nebraska and Oregon State among others. Kongbo was born in Africa before he began playing football during his high school senior year in Canada.

from SEC Country

Reactions: 4 people
Jonathan Kongbo
A Wyoming transfer who’s ranked the nation’s No. 1 junior-college player by 247Sports, the four-star defensive end from Arizona Western College in Yuma, Ariz., went to Ole Miss last month on his first official visit. He’s scheduled to visit Auburn the weekend of Nov. 21 and Tennessee the weekend of Nov. 28. Ole Miss and Washington have received predictions for Kongbo on the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

This guy looks legit. Would he be an immediate contributor?

#1 juco prospect according to 247 so I think he would have to be legit. If we get him our DE rotation is gonna be sick.

Derek Barnett
Jonathan Kongbo
Kyle Phillips
Darrell Taylor
Corey Vereen
LaTroy Lewis
Dimarya Mixon

That's a legit 7 man SEC rotation.

Reactions: 3 people
#1 juco prospect according to 247 so I think he would have to be legit. If we get him our DE rotation is gonna be sick.

Derek Barnett
Jonathan Kongbo
Kyle Phillips
Darrell Taylor
Corey Vereen
LaTroy Lewis
Dimarya Mixon

That's a legit 7 man SEC rotation.

And Butch Jones was fairly noncommittal when asked recently if Curt Maggit might apply for a 6th year of eligibility.

And Butch Jones was fairly noncommittal when asked recently if Curt Maggit might apply for a 6th year of eligibility.

If he happens to seek a 6th year, they will keep it very quiet until after NSD, so it doesn't affect recruiting.

Reactions: 2 people
If he happens to seek a 6th year, they will keep it very quiet until after NSD, so it doesn't affect recruiting.

It may be hard to do that. His absence from the NFL stuff would be telling. Isn't the combine before signing day? Can't remember. Also, I'm pretty sure you have to declare in January.

It may be hard to do that. His absence from the NFL stuff would be telling. Isn't the combine before signing day? Can't remember. Also, I'm pretty sure you have to declare in January.

That was the stuff I was unsure about.

Yeah, from what I'm seeing, January 18th is the deadline to declare for the draft. Combine is the end of February.

CUCO_fBUAAAE1Ld.jpg:large

Also, might we see Quay give up his #55 to get this guy in? Reminiscent of Reeves-Maybin for Kirkland? :)

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back