'15 VA DT Darvin Taylor

I would love to get Settle or Tuttle, but I would be ecstatic with a DT class of McKenzie and Taylor.

I think we are in his top 3 with FSU and VT.

Reactions: 1 person
This spring Taylor took visits to Florida State, Clemson, West Virginia, UNC, NC State ,Virginia, Virginia Tech and Maryland. This summer he’s planning to check out Tennessee and Notre Dame.

“Tennessee is trying to get me up there so I can see how the atmosphere is, what it’s like to be on campus and things like that.”

Josh Newberg

The 6-foot-2, 311-pound defensive lineman stays in contact with Azzanni often and said they talk football and life. "We just talk about how I would fit in the program and just how my life is going. Always a good conversation," Taylor said. "It's one of those programs that's on the rise again. I know they're one of the winningest programs in the last 100 years and they have a lot of tradition," Taylor said.

"I'll probably give out my top five schools in June, towards the end of the school year, and then I'll probably visit those five schools and then go from there," Taylor said. Taylor mentioned Florida State, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Clemson, Ohio State and Virginia Tech as schools coming after him hard and when he gets down to decision making and trimming the long list, he already has his priorities in order.

"The first thing is always going to be education," Taylor said. "The second thing I guess you could say would be is it a place I could be at for four or five years, a place I can see myself at both on and off the field. Then, the coaching staff has to be good and aspects like that. Also, a place where I'll be able to win BCS bowl games."

"I'm kind of blessed that I was a military child and moved around the world so I can make friends wherever I go so location isn't a factor wherever I go to school. Something on the other side of the country may be a little too far, but everywhere on the East Coast is an option," Taylor said.

-VQ

Taylor plans to commit on August 28.

Last edited:
So many different combinations that we could snag at DT this class...what a relief. We are going to sign an elite DT class this cycle, no doubt!

This kid is a Hokie IMO. Talks a lot about academics. Most kids in VA that do that end up Hokies. JMO

Unless you want to be a vet, or maybe an engineer, VT really isn't anything special academically. And, while London hasn't been able to put together a strong recruiting class across the board at UVA, he has had a lot more success the last couple of years with some very highly rated in state kids.

I can tell you that UVA is OUT of the mix on this one. VT, ND, FSU and UT are definitely STRONG players for his services. Looking to visit ND and UT soon.

Reactions: 2 people
Darvin's top 8 schools in no order are: Clemson, Virginia Tech, N.C. State, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Florida State, Maryland, and Alabama. He plans on announcing his decision on his 17th birthday, August 28.

He is set to visit UT soon!

Reactions: 3 people
Darvin's top 8 schools in no order are: Clemson, Virginia Tech, N.C. State, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Florida State, Maryland, and Alabama. He plans on announcing his decision on his 17th birthday, August 28.

Excellent news! If I had to choose between he and Settles I would opt for this guy. His recruitment has gone quietly under the radar ... which is good.

He must be really good because usually your post are this guy sucky sucky long time

Reactions: 3 people
NashVegas obviously you cant read. There have been a number of guys that I have said were really good. I have also never said any kid sucked. I stated that the green kid was nothing special and so far I have been right and many on here have agreed with my assessment. I know who in the Central Va. area as well as the beach is good. From the area and watch many games in those areas. Just like Im sure you do wherever you are from. Im guessing Nashville. I still dont understand why someone comes on here with an opinion people jump down their throats. We are all rooting for the same team here right?

Reactions: 4 people
NashVegas obviously you cant read. There have been a number of guys that I have said were really good. I have also never said any kid sucked. I stated that the green kid was nothing special and so far I have been right and many on here have agreed with my assessment. I know who in the Central Va. area as well as the beach is good. From the area and watch many games in those areas. Just like Im sure you do wherever you are from. Im guessing Nashville. I still dont understand why someone comes on here with an opinion people jump down their throats. We are all rooting for the same team here right?

I appreciate your Virginia insight. It's obvious you know what you are talking about and you aren't afraid to speak out when you think a prospect is being under or overvalued.

I wasn't jumping down your throat....just saying he must be pretty good because you typical are critical of the kids threads I have seen. I'm not saying you have been wrong either because those dudes haven't exactly set the world on fire either

Settle is the best in the class from Va. The kid has great feet and is a beast! Im not sold on Deberry due to his competition that he plays against. Private schools here in Central Va. are weeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Dont get me wrong the kid is a specimen and I'm sure shows out at camps......but then again the SEC ain't a camp. IMO Jahvoni Simmons is the best LB in the state. That kid plays in a LOADED region. They play good teams each week and they are in contention each year so he knows how to win vs. tough competition. I would love to get Simmons and Settle to UT.

Settle is the best in the class from Va. The kid has great feet and is a beast! Im not sold on Deberry due to his competition that he plays against. Private schools here in Central Va. are weeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Dont get me wrong the kid is a specimen and I'm sure shows out at camps......but then again the SEC ain't a camp. IMO Jahvoni Simmons is the best LB in the state. That kid plays in a LOADED region. They play good teams each week and they are in contention each year so he knows how to win vs. tough competition. I would love to get Simmons and Settle to UT.

No mention of Sweat?

It has been speculated our staff has cooled on Settle for grade concerns, and Clemson seems to be the team for him now. Know much about it?

VN Store

Back