'15 VA DT Darvin Taylor

Dudes and dudettes, we are in on some high quality defensive tackles this go around. Last class was loaded with skill position and granted some good defensive lineman... But the 15 class may be the meat and potatoes class. Including the offensive line potential in the crop.

Reactions: 1 person
I like this guys tape. but, when he comes off the line, he stands straight up on a lot the plays on his highlights.

Awesome. Get him to Tennessee. We need DT's in the worst way. Hard to believe with it being the home of Reggie White. Thank God that Dooley is gone.

Many young DT's are still learning to play with leverage. Most of the time in high school teams will run away from players like this young man. Thus more often than not he is likely trying to chase the ball, and he dominates the OL anyway due to his size and strengths.

Estatic to see Vols back in Va and NC heavy. So much talent in those two. I played in the old Colonial League in baseball during the summers. Prince George, Dinwiddie, richmond, so many different places and talent everywhere.

Reactions: 2 people
Estatic to see Vols back in Va and NC heavy. So much talent in those two. I played in the old Colonial League in baseball during the summers. Prince George, Dinwiddie, richmond, so many different places and talent everywhere.

Yessir. Jones and Hart are not taking no for an answer on North Carolina. UT is playing a neutral site game in Charlotte in either 2017 or 2018 and VQ has noted multiple times that we plan on making VA and NC areas of high priority in recruiting and marketing going forward.

Yessir. Jones and Hart are not taking no for an answer on North Carolina. UT is playing a neutral site game in Charlotte in either 2017 or 2018 and VQ has noted multiple times that we plan on making VA and NC areas of high priority in recruiting and marketing going forward.

This map may help to illistrate your point...

Attachments

• united-states-map.gif
    united-states-map.gif
    87 KB · Views: 20
UT is in his top right now. However, there is a new player in the game. Since CCS and co. left Louisville to go to the TOUT they have been on Darvin. CBJ needs to make a big push here if he wants him. VT is still a very big player as is FSU. He will be announcing his college plans August 27th I believe.

Reactions: 1 person
UT is in his top right now. However, there is a new player in the game. Since CCS and co. left Louisville to go to the TOUT they have been on Darvin. CBJ needs to make a big push here if he wants him. VT is still a very big player as is FSU. He will be announcing his college plans August 27th I believe.

P810s, how do you think this guy stacks up with the other DT names we are in on? Tuttle, Settle, McKenzie, Sterling Johnson, etc?

P810s, how do you think this guy stacks up with the other DT names we are in on? Tuttle, Settle, McKenzie, Sterling Johnson, etc?

Good question. I wonder the same...I haven't been able to see much of Taylor's film yet so I can't really compare him with those guys. I am eager to hear P810's assessment of Taylor....

you take this kid or any of the others you named IMO. they are all big time DTs. take as many of those that are willing. Darvin Taylor is right there with all those guys

Settle and Johnson are straight up beast! Both have great explosion and get to the ball. The Johnson kid runs the best out of them all. I would love to get those two plus Taylor or McKenzie. Tuttle is Ok but I see him taking steps back A LOT. Dont like that plus I didnt see him get off the blocks well. Taylor does stand up coming off the ball. I do know that the coaches can fix those problems on both the young men. But like I said those two really stand out to me. GO GET 'EM CBJ!

Reactions: 2 people
Settle and Johnson are straight up beast! Both have great explosion and get to the ball. The Johnson kid runs the best out of them all. I would love to get those two plus Taylor or McKenzie. Tuttle is Ok but I see him taking steps back A LOT. Dont like that pluos I didnt see him get off the blocks well. Taylor does stand up coming off the ball. I do know that the coaches can fix those problems on both the young men. But like I said those two really stand out to me. GO GET 'EM CBJ!

Appreciate it...I really like Settle, Johnson, & McKenzie. I just haven't been able to watch much of Taylor yet so thanks for the info.

Settle and Johnson are straight up beast! Both have great explosion and get to the ball. The Johnson kid runs the best out of them all. I would love to get those two plus Taylor or McKenzie. Tuttle is Ok but I see him taking steps back A LOT. Dont like that plus I didnt see him get off the blocks well. Taylor does stand up coming off the ball. I do know that the coaches can fix those problems on both the young men. But like I said those two really stand out to me. GO GET 'EM CBJ!c

Good deal. I think Tuttle is probably the least likely of that bunch anyway.

Mike Farrell with a video interview from the Washington DC Rivals camp...Recently visited FSU, said his dad is from the state of FL and the visit was nice. Said he wants to visit UT and ND soon. He said UT sends him mail everyday, they're recruiting him hard. Wants to check out ND's academics, he plans to major in broadcasting and wants to see what they offer in his major. Said he wants to commit early summer and will still take OV's, for sure will OV to UT and FSU. He also said he likes VT, 4 of his teammates are now at VT on scholarship.

He didn't give away too much info, wouldn't give a top 5 even when Farrell tried, but sounds like UT is likely top 3 if I had to guess. Hopefully he visits again soon.

I don't care if he is 6-2 or 6-4 we got to have big mean DL and OL to get us back to the top, we got what 10 spots left we need to fill them up with DL and OL and a QB, other that I don't want nothing for Christmas.:)

I know we are in it for Tuttle and that guy from VA but I can't help but feel like our DTs will be this guy, McKenzie, and S. Johnson.

"He didn't give away too much info, wouldn't give a top 5 even when Farrell tried, but sounds like UT is likely top 3 if I had to guess. Hopefully he visits again soon."

He hasn't visited UT yet and he will be announcing August 27th. That is his Birthday or close to it and its before the 1st game of the season. I think we have a good shot because of the coaches but most important, UT has his major. I know you cant count out FSU but Maryland also is in the mix since they have one of the top programs in the nation for his major. A lot of kids love VT from the area now since CSB has been recruiting the area so that is a huge factor. IMHO it's FSU, VT, Maryland, UT and TOut in the top 5. Wherever DT chooses I wish him well. He is a great kid as well as a great student and whoever gets his services will be getting a quality human being.

" Rivals250 defensive tackle Darvin Taylor II does not do too many interviews, but at the Rivals Camp on Sunday he talked a lot about his latest visit to Florida State, calling assistant coach Odell Haggins a father figure.

The Chester (Va.) Thomas Dale standout is hoping to visit Tennessee and Notre Dame in the future. Taylor is hoping for offers from Texas, Alabama and LSU. Florida State and Tennessee might get official visits. If Taylor does decide to stay in Virginia, he would choose Virginia Tech."

-Rivals

“Right now, I’m not sure where I’ll visit soon,” he said. “I’d like to check out schools like Tennessee, Missouri and Notre Dame. Hopefully, I’ll also be able to go down toAlabama. Alabama hasn’t offered, but hopefully they will soon.”

-scout

VN Store

Back