'15 TN OT Drew Richmond (Former Ole Miss commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I make sure to keep in contact with all the coaching staffs that have offered so far,” he explained. “I don’t have any favorites or anything like that so I talk to them all about the same. I call each coach that recruits me about once every two weeks. It’s like a routine right now and all according to schedule. It’s all fun but I know it might get hectic later on so I want to try to take some visits in the summer and fall.”

“I grew up a pretty big fan of Ohio State ever since I was 10 years old,” Richmond explained. “They had guys like*James Laurinaitis,*Michael Jenkins,*Troy Smith,*Beanie Wells, and*Brian Robiskie*and so that was my school I always cheered for. That was an offer I really wanted to get so it was a pretty emotional feeling when I found out. I wasn’t sure if it was going to happen at first, especially when*Michigan*showed interest in me before they did.”

-scout

Good grief I'm getting old if he "grew-up watching" those guys he named at tOSU.

I love that all of a sudden so many of these kids "grew up an Ohio State fan" since Meyer landed there...

Especially these southern kids.

The recovery inside after the outside step there is great. Especially for a 2015 kid.

These camps at younger ages are really helping these kids start to develop skill sets.

CHICAGO -- The second Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge presented by Under Armour took to the field on Saturday at Soldier Field. The Rivals.com team of analysts broke down the prospects by position. Here are the top offensive linemen.

7. OT Drew Richmond, Memphis (Tenn.) Memphis University School, 2015: Richmond is raw, but he played well considering the talented defensive linemen he was going against. He has the physical tools to be dominant but needs to add strength and develop his body. Richmond is far along from a technique standpoint. He stays low, has good hand placement and moves well laterally. There is plenty of time for him to develop.

Pretty good when compared to the group that was mostly 2014 recruits and some of the top in the country.

CHICAGO -- The second Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge presented by Under Armour took to the field on Saturday at Soldier Field. The Rivals.com team of analysts broke down the prospects by position. Here are the top offensive linemen.

7. OT Drew Richmond, Memphis (Tenn.) Memphis University School, 2015: Richmond is raw, but he played well considering the talented defensive linemen he was going against. He has the physical tools to be dominant but needs to add strength and develop his body. Richmond is far along from a technique standpoint. He stays low, has good hand placement and moves well laterally. There is plenty of time for him to develop.

Pretty good when compared to the group that was mostly 2014 recruits and some of the top in the country.

Kids feet are really good. Strength and physical tools with follow, but good feet, YES PLEASE

Reactions: 1 person
Seems urbie poured a 55 gallon drum of hot sauce on the kid today. Kid is feeling osu big time. I would post some of the twitter stuff, but would hate for you guys to lose your dinner.

Reactions: 1 person
Has he visited Vandy?
Uh oh, Vandy has offered. We better get on the stick now & steal this recruit before he changes his mind. :) But in all seriousness, this is a big dude & we need big dudes for the OL. Looks like Bama has their foot in the door as well. CBJ needs to circle the wagons on Mr.Richmond & not let him get away.

Word around town is that the lady in his life is a Vol. pretty girl, lets hope he follows her! Ha!
Seems urbie poured a 55 gallon drum of hot sauce on the kid today. Kid is feeling osu big time. I would post some of the twitter stuff, but would hate for you guys to lose your dinner.

Word around town is that the lady in his life is a Vol. pretty girl, lets hope he follows her! Ha!

Would love if it plays out that way. Kid has a lot of talent and could play at Tennessee early IMO. He will be one of the best OT's in the 2015 class for sure.

Article in Memphis CA this week about Richmond. Kind of weird that he didn't mention us when he was asked who had offered him. Probably mentioned 6-8 other schools. However, it did say that Jordan Rodgers was his QB last year, and he is headed to UT this year to play for Serrano.

Slip of the mind?
Article in Memphis CA this week about Richmond. Kind of weird that he didn't mention us when he was asked who had offered him. Probably mentioned 6-8 other schools. However, it did say that Jordan Rodgers was his QB last year, and he is headed to UT this year to play for Serrano.

Yeah he has plenty of people in his ear about UT. Rodgers is one, his girl is another, along with Tiny, Byron Moore, and D'Andre Payne, and especially Orlando Brown. Also, if we land Barnett, Sawyers and Mosley it will help because he is tight with them as well. Not to mention Josh Smith and Rico McGraw in the 2015 class and Mareio McGraw in the 2016 class favoring us will help as well especially if we do well enough for them to commit early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back