15' TN OL Alex Givens

"Last time I came I only got to hang out with coach Mahoney for a few minutes but not too much," Givens said. But, this time I loved it a lot more. I got to spend time with coach Mahoney and I got to see how they practice and see all the facilities and the nutritionist and it's always to see them because they play a big part these days.

"I liked all the coaches. I like the practice style and I liked going down there for sure. We went to the basketball game and we spent most of our time together there. He saw me throughout the day and just wanted to check in with me."

"They didn't offer, but I'm pretty sure they are close," Givens said. "They definitely have a lot of interest. He keeps telling me to call him and keep building a relationship. I'll probably be going back down soon and there's definitely a lot of interest."

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
"Alex Givens had his ups and downs today. He is still somewhat light at 6-6, 270, but he's long and has a great frame. He's someone who is raw as well but has good potential."

-Fortenberry

Three-star junior offensive tackle Alex Givens of Nashville (Tenn.) Christian School posted on his Twitter account Saturday that he has received a scholarship offer from Tennessee.
The 6-foot-6, 275-pound Givens also holds offers from Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Miami, Virginia, Mississippi State, Cincinnati, Syracuse, Memphis and Middle Tennessee.
He's ranked the No. 13 overall prospect from the state of Tennessee in the 2015 class by 247Sports.

- Ryan Callahan

"Nashville Christian School offensive lineman Alex Givens says Tennessee has offered. He was at Auburn today for their spring game but Tennessee offered him while he was at Auburn and he talked to Butch and Mahoney. We are planning on catching up more on it tomorrow evening so we'll have a full update tomorrow night, but just wanted to let everyone know."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 3 people
"Nashville Christian School offensive lineman Alex Givens says Tennessee has offered. He was at Auburn today for their spring game but Tennessee offered him while he was at Auburn and he talked to Butch and Mahoney. We are planning on catching up more on it tomorrow evening so we'll have a full update tomorrow night, but just wanted to let everyone know."

- Fortenberry

He talks to our coaches while at another team's spring game. Vol if we want him IMO.

I like that our coaches contact recruits while at other schools... Dirty... Love it

Rivals update. Title says that this offer was a "Game-changer". Sounds pretty sweet. See ya Vandy!

"Coach (Don) Mahoney messaged me and he said to call him and they have something important to talk about," Givens explained. "So, I called him on the way home from the Auburn spring game and he said that coach (Butch) Jones wants to offer me and he gave me coach Jones' number and I called him and he gave me the offer."

"That was a really big surprise. They have always said they will tell me when the offer is coming and everything and they had been saying that for a while and I didn't think it was going to come and it was a big surprise," Givens said.

"It was big. I've just got to sit down and think about everything now. It's kind of a game-changer with them offering me. When someone doesn't offer you you don't think about them the same and you don't think about them in the future, but now that they have offered I have to see where they fall into it," Givens said. "It pushes (Tennessee) up a little farther. I'm not sure where they stand right now, really. But, I've just got to take a couple of days and think about it."

"Going into my junior year I was talking to my coach about all this recruiting stuff because that's when it started to get serious and he asked me, 'If there was one school you could pick right now, where would you want to go?' And I said, 'Tennessee.' And he said, 'We're going to make that happen,'" Givens explained. "So, it was kind of a shock yesterday that they offered because they kind of fell out of it for a while but now they're back in it."

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
Go ahead and put this guy on commit watch. He's a friend of a friend and I've hung out with Alex a few times. He really wanted this offer and has since his first D1 offer. Kids huge and has a great frame, also athletic. Nashville Christian has some good talent right now.

VN Store

Back