'15 TN LB Josh McMillon

I know Whitehaven's LB coach, and he said that we aren't really recruiting McMillon. I think he insinuated that we thought he was too big for a LB (and we are recruiting enough DE's). He said that he was a bright kid with options. He also said that he has some young talent. He said that they have a freshman DB who is going to be dynamic and that Saban has already seen him.

Last edited:
Releasing his top schools on twitter right now. Will edit this post as he releases

Joshua McMillon ‏@Joshua_McMillon 12m
Not In No Certain Order. Or Anything Just Some Schools Being Thrown Out

Joshua McMillon ‏@Joshua_McMillon 2m
Well The School Everyone Thinks Im Going To And Because My Linebacker Coach Kevin Steele #BAMAAA! #RollTide

Gross..

Reactions: 3 people
Top 10:

Memphis
Vanderbilt
Florida State
Ohio State
Mississippi State
Ole Miss
Auburn
USC
Michigan
Alabama

No Order.

There have been years when we have had 2 or less 4-star players in the entire state. Now we have 2 4-stars who Butch is basically passing on (J Harris and J McMillon).

He's doing a great job locking down a state that is becoming more and more loaded. But first and foremost you want to get the best football players for your team, regardless of where they're from.

Reactions: 4 people
There have been years when we have had 2 or less 4-star players in the entire state. Now we have 2 4-stars who Butch is basically passing on (J Harris and J McMillon).

He's doing a great job locking down a state that is becoming more and more loaded. But first and foremost you want to get the best football players for your team, regardless of where they're from.

Or how they fit?...Harris,for whatever reason doesn't fit Butch's schematic for a TE...and McMillion is an ideal 3-4 rush linebacker...here he'd be a Leo but maybe an ill fitting one?

Or how they fit?...Harris,for whatever reason doesn't fit Butch's schematic for a TE...and McMillion is an ideal 3-4 rush linebacker...here he'd be a Leo but maybe an ill fitting one?
Yup. That's what I meant by "but first and foremost you want to get the best football players for your team."

I think I posted it a month or two ago, but I know the LB coach at Whitehaven. He said that we have never really recruited him. He made it sound like the coaches didn't think he was a great fit in our scheme. Coach said he is a good kid with good grades.

I think I posted it a month or two ago, but I know the LB coach at Whitehaven. He said that we have never really recruited him. He made it sound like the coaches didn't think he was a great fit in our scheme. Coach said he is a good kid with good grades.

A while back Josh stopped by campus on a visit and it was mentioned that CBJ was not there at all during his visit. That told me all I needed to know about this kid's chances of signing with UT. If the kid is a priority, CBJ will be there. JMO

VN Store

Back