'15 TN LB Josh McMillon

I think the fact that Elder was able to get a Memphis kid on campus, with no Jr Day, no Butch, and no Thig speaks volumes.

That's a win in itself, IMO. Shows that Josh is very interested and Memphis is now very open to UT.

Great job by the staff.

I think the fact that Elder was able to get a Memphis kid on campus, with no Jr Day, no Butch, and no Thig speaks volumes.

That's a win in itself, IMO. Shows that Josh is very interested and Memphis is now very open to UT.

Great job by the staff.

Program is selling itself.

Great job by the staff.

Is it possible the kid had no idea the coaches would not be there to visit with him?

Article on 247. Said the visit went good. Did not get to meet with Butch or Thig because they were out of town. Elder has recruited him very well so far. Likes that Peyton Manning came out of UT. Said UT's engineering program is a selling point. Said he will be back in the Summer to visit again. Said he wants to announce closer to NSD.

He said UA, AU, Ole Miss, Mizzou, and Michigan were standing out thus far. Said he's very high on UT as well. His dad "loves" the Vols.

Somes quotes to add perspective on TCV's post:

“Everything went great,” said McMillon[.] The campus was good. The UT (Knoxville) leadership members, they were nice. They were friendly. They answered all the questions I was curious about and everything. Overall, it was good.”

“I didn’t get a chance to talk to (the coaches),” McMillon said. “We did get a chance to take a trip up to the (Neyland-Thompson) Sports Center — everything that I saw the first time I went up there (in June). I also saw the new buildings they were adding on. This was the first time I’ve actually been on campus when everybody else — the whole school — was on campus.”

“Overall, they’re great,” McMillon said. “(Vols assistant coach) Mark Elder is a very great recruiter. The facilities on the campus are great. How they go about trying to get their recruiters up there and they take care of business is great. My dad loves them. They’re very high on the charts, also.

“It’s probably going to be awhile before I make a decision — maybe closer to signing day,” McMillon said.

Reactions: 1 person
I felt it was a very reasonable question.

I know if I were a recruit traveling across the state to visit UT, I would think TO ASK IF the head coach might be there to visit with me a little RATHER THAN JUST ASSUME HE'S THERE WAITING ON ME AS IF I WERE THE ONLY RECRUIT ON HIS MIND.

Fify

"It was great. I had an overall great experience up there this weekend," McMillon said. "I was able to talk to the dean and some of the juniors and seniors of the school and we talked to them about the school and some of the classes they were taking. I had a chance to talk to some of the professors in some of the programs we were interested in. We just got a chance to get the 411 on everything."

"I talked to coach Elder yesterday. He just asked me how the trip was and if I felt comfortable up there and of course I told him it made me feel at home and I feel very comfortable," McMillon said. "He said he was sorry that we couldn't meet and sit down with him and talk with some of the football players and coach Jones."

"It has to be my recruiting coordinator Mark Elder," McMillon said as to why he's considering Tennessee heavily. "He reaches out and talks to me just about every day, if not, every other day. We just have a wonderful relationship."

-Volquest

Said he talked to 3 different professors today and they answered every question he had regarding the engineering program. Had glowing things to say about Coach Elder. He said UT sees him as more of a LB/rush DE.

I think UT and Bama are his top 2. JMO

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I felt it was a very reasonable question.

I know if I were a recruit traveling across the state to visit UT, I would think the head coach might be there to visit with me a little.

Our staff had previously scheduled obligations in Nashville plus the kid was here for a academic camp. We didn't say hey come here while we are not there. He was coming anyway

Reactions: 2 people
I really hope we get him on a another visit. I really like where we are with some of the top LBs, this kid, deberry, josh smith, Kirkland, we already have cherry. I think this could end up being our best defensive recruiting class in years. We are in on elite LBs/DTs plus butcher looks to be moving up into an elite DE. I just hope we can land some top CBs.

This will be a long recruitment. Coaches will see him a dozen times before it's said and done. No worries.

Releasing his top schools on twitter right now. Will edit this post as he releases

Joshua McMillon ‏@Joshua_McMillon 12m
Not In No Certain Order. Or Anything Just Some Schools Being Thrown Out

Joshua McMillon ‏@Joshua_McMillon 2m
Well The School Everyone Thinks Im Going To And Because My Linebacker Coach Kevin Steele #BAMAAA! #RollTide

Joshua McMillon ‏@Joshua_McMillon 42m
The Next School Is!!!!!! #WAREAGLE!!!! Auburnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!

Joshua McMillon ‏@Joshua_McMillon 45s
Last But Not Least Have To Go With #Wolverines #Michigan

Last edited:

VN Store

Back