'15 TN DE Kyle Phillips (UT commit 1/3/15)

Maybe he wants his moment to announce? Maybe he wants to be 110% sure with his decision?

Yeah I'm not sure what's hard to understand about why some guys wait until later in the process to commit. But then if they commit early people complain that they are still taking visits or listening to some other schools. It's their decision and their lives, and not everyone is going to go about it in the same way. People take recruiting way too serious at times IMO let these guys enjoy the process, however they want to go about it, and be happy if they chose to be a Vol. It's all been discussed many times ad nauseam on here before though so I won't get back into it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I don't see why so many people are worrying about why certain kids who are thought of as locks aren't committed yet. We still have foundation week later in the summer. If I remember correctly we got 5 commits in that one week. We also got a commit after almost every loss last season, so I wouldn't be surprised if CBJ is saving some for this season as well.

I don't see why so many people are worrying about why certain kids who are thought of as locks aren't committed yet. We still have foundation week later in the summer. If I remember correctly we got 5 commits in that one week. We also got a commit after almost every loss last season, so I wouldn't be surprised if CBJ is saving some for this season as well.

5 at foundation day, 2 during the year, rest on national signing day? :)

Reactions: 2 people
Phillips has got so much swagger. Its not even fair
Posted via VolNation Mobile

ButchJones-1.gif

Reactions: 8 people
Patience is such a lost virtue in this world today. As bright as the future looks under Butch and as excited as we are about the 2014 class, we will still be extremely young and still lacking depth. From a strength standpoint alone, it will be hard for some of our true freshman to go up against juniors and seniors that have been in a college S&C program for 3 to 4 years. Remember, improvement in a recruit's eyes doesn't always equate to a bunch of wins. We could go 6-6, yet lose each of those six games by less than 10 points each, and a recruit will see that as dramatic improvement. And I am not saying that a dramatic improvement in wins does not help either, because it certainly does.

I said improvement and wins...I'm not expecting a 11-1 season gunning for the national championship or anything. A bowl game is a must, anything beyond that is gravy.

Some players have 'it'. I can tell you as a former employee at Hillsboro who got to know Kyle a little bit that the only thing that can stop Kyle Phillips from being as good as he wants is Kyle Phillips. The good thing is that he is incredibly focused and mature for his age unlike many kids.

I really hope he signs with UT.

VN Store

Back